Merchandise Planning Allocator
Tommy John is a comfort-focused lifestyle brand committed to solving the problem people have with their clothing. Most well-known for reimagining the fabric, fit & function of underwear & undershirts, Tommy John has spent the past decade making the online & in-store shopping experience more comfortable. We were featured on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, CBS This Morning, New York Times, Esquire, GQ, Golf Digest, Fortune, Fast Company, CNBC, & Business Insiders list of Top 51 Companies That Are Changing the Way We Shop. We are constantly on a mission to add smart, innovative & fun-loving team members & are looking for a Merchandise Planning Allocator to come join our New York-based headquarters.
Reporting to the Senior Merchandise Planning Manager, the Merchandise Planning Allocator will be responsible for strategizing, optimizing, & scaling product allocation to generate high sales, profit, and inventory turnover. The Planning team is accountable for the development, coordination, & review of the product assortment by door as well as the financial planning, allocation, inventory & price management of each product category. The ideal candidate is organized, analytical, & a motivated team player with a strong work ethic, allocation instincts, attention to detail, & ability to communicate in an impactful manner.
- Responsible for maintaining healthy inventory levels down to the size level for assigned division; closely works with & escalates issues to the Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Create historical reports & data analysis to surface key opportunities for pre-season planning.
- Analyze standard reports & create recaps to share insights with Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Analyze assortment effectiveness by channel (Ecomm/Wholesale/Stores) & react to business opportunities.
- Analyze in-season product performance, focused on channel demand (Ecomm/Wholesale/Stores); class/category performance, style performance, & major marketing performance.
- Monitor item performance & make recommendations to Merchandise Planning manager to maximize profitability.
- Drive sales & inventory turnover to maximize profitability.
- Demonstrate the ability to react to in-season sales trends by communicating & taking appropriate actions with Merchandise Planning Manager.
- Demonstrate an understanding of replenishment strategies for the website fulfillment that support sales trends, growth & inventory turn.
- Identify seasonal sales trends using items/category sales history & taking into account promotional activity when replenishing
- Develop & maintain relationships with internal cross functional teams
- Monitor replenishment POs & ensure timely receipt of goods.
- Bachelor's Degree in Merchandising, Marketing or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in e-commerce / merchandising from an apparel related company (preferred)
- Outstanding organizational & cross-functional management skills with extreme attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving & research skills
- Strong interpersonal communication & written skills with ability to work independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
Some awesome parts of working at Tommy John:
- Benefits - Medical,Vision,Dental
- Medical covered 100% for employees
- Tommy John Employee Discount
- Bi- Weekly Culture Calendar events
- Tons of Snacks
- Countless Happy Hours
- Great work environment
But, don't just take our word for it. Check out #WorkAtTommyJohn on Instagram for a behind the scenes look!