Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director to join our Market P+L team in our NYC office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
You will report into our Senior Director, North East Markets.
About this role:
This team is responsible for managing & growing a set of relationships across our network of health system & provider partners.The team strives to construct & continuously improve Oscars system, facility, & provider agreements to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, & financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the North East region.You & your team will manage a set of markets & provider partner relationships (health systems, provider groups, etc) with the goal of ensuring your region is operating effectively & efficiently from both a business & member experience standpoint. You will also serve as the subject matter expert on the region & collaborate with internal stakeholders (including leadership) to understand Oscars business goals strategically influence the evolution of our partnership strategies.
- Be one of Oscars key points of contact for developing relationships with the senior leadership of our health system & key network partners
- Lead your team to design, implement & improve Oscars overall partnerships, while driving financial deal terms, rate structures, & key KPIs
- Identify & execute on growth opportunities within your portfolio of network partners
- Serve as the chief subject matter expert on your region, your markets, your partners, & be a key internal source of knowledge on relevant region & policy developments.
- Build, manage, & constantly improve upon the workflows & systems that enable the Network Partnerships team to meet its goals & objectives
- Train & manage an exceptional team of market leads & account managers
- Form strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders across the company to understand the impact of our partner relationships & contractual terms on their work streams & inform our network strategies
- Expected Travel: 30%
The ideal candidate will have strong healthcare industry experience, with a deep understanding of healthcare operations & market economics, & a background in a client-facing, leadership role. Other key components for success include:
- 10+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry, in a client-facing, leadership role
- Strong leadership & other interpersonal skills needed to build relationships & communicate clearly at the executive level
- Direct experience with & a deep understanding of healthcare operations & market economics
- You are fluent in key operational, financial & strategic goals & challenges of health systems & providers
- Proven track record to manage complex projects across the organization as well as to develop, motivate, & grow a team (including junior resources)
- A strong analytical background & the ability to quickly digest & evaluate complex financial structures & operational workflows, with a keen eye for detail
- Thrives in an environment where you are actively engaging & strategically conversing with executives, leaders, & subject matter experts in a variety of business, functional & technology areas
- An MHA, MBA, MPH, or other professional degree
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises & scaling departments & processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.