BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate Freelance Producer with a deep knowledge of K-Pop, video production, social media, & the internet to create compelling videos for our YouTube channels. You'll ensure the content produced is creatively on-brand for BuzzFeed, delivering on our measures of success, & collaborate with appropriate parties to keep video execution within budget. You'll be diplomatic, solutions-oriented, & professional in high-pressure situations.
- Drive all aspects of production, including shooting, directing, & editing
- Produce 1 video for BuzzFeeds flagship YouTube channels
- Use data insights to create content ideas that align with BuzzFeeds best practices
- Ensure the production of all your projects come in on time & within budget while maintaining BuzzFeeds high creative standards
- Work closely with the Supervising & Executive Producers to expand BuzzFeeds product offerings
- Create content about the world K-Pop world without having access to celebrity talent
- 3 or more years of video production experience
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRs
- Expertise in editing with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience producing shoots in studio & on location, including different lighting & equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Experience managing big-budget as well as low-touch videos that have many moving parts
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas & creative vision in a compelling way
- The ability to prioritize & delegate tasks accordingly
- A collaborative & patient mindset
- A firm understanding of production budgets & product margins
- A deep understanding of virality & shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
- Thorough knowledge of BuzzFeed as a brand & ability to speak to its voice & best practices.
- Fan, appreciation, & knowledge of K-Pop music & artists
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.