Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for people to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in New York City, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for ambitious people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, we're looking for people who are passionate about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles & needs.
As the Capital Markets Associate, you will be working on a broad scope of capital markets functions with a focus transaction execution. You will perform analysis to identify, structure & implement unsecured, secured & asset-backed capital markets finance solutions.
- Take an active role in implementing Brexs financing & capital market strategy & provide support to the Capital Markets team
- Monitor & manage Brexs warehouse financing facilities & manage funding with our warehouse lenders
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Finance, Credit, Operations, Engineering, Data & other departments on execution of capital markets transactions & financing facilities
- Prepare various capital market reports on a daily, weekly, monthly, & ad-hoc basis
- Develop & maintain relationships with sources of secured, unsecured & asset-backed debt financing
- Administer & prepare cash flow models for financial structures
- Prepare internal & external presentations
- Perform ad hoc projects & analyses as required
What We Value:
- 1-3 years of structured finance, debt capital markets or investment banking experience (or a related field), ABS & structured lending experience is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Statistics, Engineering or a related field
- Excellent work ethics & willingness to contribute beyond the prescribed role to achieve the company objectives
- Ability to work in a team & collaborate with different teams across the company
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, quantitative & analytical skills
- Ability to develop & manage financial models independently
- Comfortable interacting with internal & external senior level executives
- A creative curiosity, collaborative ethic, hardworking enthusiasm & driving personal vision
- A penchant for multi-tasking & self-starting
- High level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, & SQL