We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm & marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us & build the nation's largest & most trusted platform for selling real estate!
What Youll Do Here:
- Lead the Consumer Engineering team with direct management responsibility.
- Establish an appropriate balance of coaching, mentorship, technical oversight, code reviews, & timely, direct feedback for you team.
- Work with product & engineering leadership to create a combined technical & product roadmap for your team
- Lead the innovative approach to creating new products, while improving upon our core products.
- Build new web applications & add features & functionality to our core applications that go directly into the hands of users home buyers, sellers, & agents around the nation.
- You will report directly to senior engineering leadership & work closely with the product management team
- Be a technical advocate for the consumer experience on our platform
- 1+ years in a software leadership role
- Seasoned skills managing a diverse engineering team with various skill levels & expertise
- Seasoned skills at balancing feature development, tech debt clean up, developer happiness & business requirements
- Can clearly analyze & communicate major technical trade-offs & decisions
- A history of shipping successful products
- Full Stack professional, product-engineering experience.
- Familiarity with web analytics, A/B testing, & agile development methods.
- Embody our values of Product-mindedness, commitment, collaboration, pragmatics, creativity, & humility
Bonus points for:
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience managing a team within a startup.
- Experience working with external engineerings to help augment as needed.
- Experience with real estate data.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem & Heroku platform.
- Medical, vision, dental, & paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches & snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.