We are hiring a Director of Publicity to join our AWAL team in Los Angeles. The Director will be responsible for all outreach & liaison with print, TV, online, & regional media on behalf of our artists & the company. The Director will formulate & implement US publicity campaigns & will be responsible for working with a roster of artists from different genres. He/she will maintain artists profiles & overall visibility through coverage in print, TV & online media. He/she will also be responsible for strategizing with the other creative departments to help break an artist.
Kobalt has revolutionized the music publishing business by putting the creator at the center of everything we do.We are now taking the same approach & transforming the way recording artists release music through AWAL.Whether an artist is looking for the best digital distribution or a truly global, fully integrated release campaign, AWAL has become the partner of choice for innovative artists at all stages of their careers.This has created a high-quality path for artists to remain outside of the traditional label system while maintaining ownership of their masters. The leading artists who have already chosen AWAL includes Lauv, Snoh Aalegra, Kim Petras, Cold War Kids, Deadmau5, Little Simz, Omar Apollo, Bruno Major, Steve Lacy & many more!
Were currently 640 people based across 14 offices & were still growing! If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
WHAT DOES ADIRECTOR OF PUBLICITY AT IN2UNE / AWAL DO?
- Develop & execute media campaigns for AWAL artists across different genres of music with specific target lists for each active project, including print, TV, & online targets
- Develop & execute timelines to roll out media campaigns
- Manage quarterly publicity budgets throughout the course of a campaign
- Responsible for the artists imaging, including styling & media training
- Handle crisis management
- Coordinate all media for red carpet arrivals, event press, & award shows
- Communicate status of all media outreach regularly to artist management & company management
- Draft, route, & disseminate all bios & press releases
- Organize, plan, & produce special events for artists
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field is preferred
- 7+ years experience working specifically within music publicity
- Strong, existing relationships within music media, as well as knowledge & expertise in dealing with the media
- Have strategic agility in terms of foreseeing trends & problems before they occur
- Familiarity with & experience working across different genres of music
- Experience writing press releases
- Action oriented, hard-working & energetic
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, both with internal & external contacts
- Highly organized
- Ability to maintain composure, especially during demanding timelines/situations
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.