Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market & we are looking for top-tier, proven Sales Account Executives (AEs) who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market.
As an AE, you will be responsible for selling to prospective Mid Market customers, developing a relationship as a trusted advisor to deeply understand their unique company challenges & goals. You will contribute to our business growth in a fast paced, collaborative & fun atmosphere. The right candidate will have a proven, consultative sales process to discover & close new logos. Our AEs develop an understanding of prospects businesses, organize & conduct sales presentations at prospective & current customers offices, site visits & product demonstrations to prospects & represent Twilio in a consistent, effective & professional manner to best develop & win new clients.
We are looking for an experienced AE with a proven track record & also:
- 4-7+ yrs of quota carrying & account management experience in success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions to company sizes ranging from Mid-Market to small Enterprise companies. Consistent over-achievement in past experiences.
- Credible, trusted partner with customers & their executive team.
- Exceptional prospecting skill set. Someone who is comfortable generating the bulk of their own pipeline.
- Experience with cloud computing business models & enjoy selling to a technical audience & building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking sales activity, pipeline & revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process & capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Balance competing priorities & manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive. Competitive spirit.
- Strong sales discovery skills, objection handling skills, business acumen, & closing skills.
- Resourceful, coachable, drive to overachieve.
- Proven ability to execute 6-figure deals.
Mid-Market Account Executives (AEs) are responsible for developing the next wave of Twilios new customers with companies that have >100 employees & <2,000. AEs build new relationships with senior line of business owners & executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to develop sales by understanding & uncovering new opportunities where Twilio can help solve companys pains & challenges through communication solutions.
- Deliver Net New Sales from within your defined territory to attain your Sales Targets
- Develop & execute a comprehensive territory plan while conducting territory visits to meet customers face to face at least 50% of your work time
- Develop & execute sales plans with your cross-functional partners to reliably drive predictable sales cycles
- Responsible for maintaining accurate information within our CRM & well-informing forecast numbers to the business.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication tools in order to build better applications to maximize customer engagement. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base & bringing Twilio to developers, lines of business, non-profits & enterprises to make an impact on their services.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands & more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.