Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic & highly organized individual, who leads by example. The Local Marketing Associate will support the local marketing team in the promotion & execution of events, workshops, & other creative, local campaigns that will drive foot traffic to campus & grow General Assembly's presence in New York. This is a role for a motivated team player who wants to be part of a fast-paced, growing educational community. This is a full time role working mainly out of our NYC location (though local travel will be required).
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) the following:
- Produce marketing assets & write event copy as needed.
- Manage local Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook platforms during events.
- Send pre & post program email communications to attendees, partners & speakers.
Classes & Workshops
- Managing the Participant Experience: You are responsible for ensuring that the students have a great in-class experience. Through student feedback & impeccable program execution, students should feel that General Assembly is invested in their success & feel welcomed into the GA Community.
- Support event & workshop operations by handling administrative duties for event execution.
- Collect & report on feedback from events & workshops to local marketing team & other stakeholders
- Serve as the main point of contact & representative at 2-3 evening events whether on campus or offsite you are ensuring a quality experience for partners, speakers & attendees
- Act as a brand ambassador for GA; Understands our products & is able to answer general questions about them
- Management of GA New York inbox & serve as point of contact for all communications regarding Courses, Workshops & Events
Skills & Qualifications:
- You are detail-oriented with strong organization skills
- You are able to anticipate customer needs & act accordingly
- You maintain a positive & professional demeanor
- You can navigate an ever-changing, fast paced startup environment & demonstrable ability to come up with solutions
- You are able to multi-task & enjoy wearing many hats
- You learn new processes quickly & accurately
- You are proactive & comfortable working with minimal supervision
- You are comfortable speaking in front of a room
- Prior customer service experience and/or strong networking abilities strongly preferred
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, with proven ability to communicate to staff members & different partners.