CONTENT INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
As a Content Infrastructure Engineer at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, & secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, & monitoring Pelotons streaming infrastructure. We do this by developing & maintaining a media asset workflow that manages both live & video on demand (VOD) content. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members. Our team also works with the production team to manage the automated ingestion of new media. We also collaborate with software engineering to improve the quality of asset management.
7+ years of professional IT/technical/Content Security experience in the Media & Entertainment industry.
Experience in AWS Elemental Physical hardware & AWS Elemental Media Services.
Experience managing a mix of on-prem & cloud infrastructure using tools like Terraform & Ansible.
Experience monitoring system performance.
Experience managing AWS account(s) with multiple VPCs with private & public networks.
Experience with on-prem object storage systems with cloud backup & archive.
Experience creating, deploying, troubleshooting AWS Lambda workflows.
Superb communication skills in all written, oral, & presentation capabilities, with an ability to convey complex concepts to all levels of personnel (staff to executive).
Effectively coordinates work & communication across disparate groups.
Able to quickly adapt to new technical & functional concepts.
Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with multiple contending priorities.
The Content Infrastructure Engineer is a new & innovative role under Streaming Engineering designed to help maintain, build, & architect the current & future hybrid cloud on-prem infrastructure for content. This role will support in designing & securing technology, infrastructure, & highly available systems. Responsibilities Design & implement deployment automation software using Terraform, Kubernetes, & Ansible. Manage & improve deployment environment, from bare metal & AWS Lambdas, to ensure high quality highly available video services. Create or use existing tools to measure, monitor, & improve performance & reliability. Improvement CICD software to help the streaming engineering team deploy fearlessly. Contribute to automation tools that help infrastructure operators & engineering day to day task.
- Work with Streaming Engineering to scale our content delivery systems & streamline our operation to reduce customer-facing video quality issues
- Manage & support our AWS hosting architecture, transcoding operations, CDN services, & CI/CD systems
- Establish & cultivate positive relationships at all levels.
- Develop monitoring & incident alerting systems to aid in a proactive approach to outages, partial outages, & failure imminent metrics of all our SaaS, internal, & physical systems
- Research, recommend, & implement new technologies
- Experience in development & support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- The successful candidate will have spent several years automating & deploying infrastructure on-prem & in AWS.
- Experience working Content delivery networks.
- Experience supporting & maintaining bare-metal servers.
- Experience with large object storage systems on-prem & in the cloud.
- Experience with AWS media services.
- Experience working with AWS hosting architecture.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Solid back end experience with Amazon Web Services, & deployment via Terraform
- Proficient experience with configuration management tools.
- Proficient scripting skills in Python 3 & Bash
- Proficient in developing, debugging, & optimizing complex content delivery pipelines
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TVPeloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness. Headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada, & Germany.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience be it the studio, product, or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.