Warby Parker is searching for a hard-working, upbeat Production Floor Associate to join our optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York. Opening our first-ever in-house lab has helped us sustainably grow our supply chain & consistently provide top-notch customer service. As a member of our lab team, youll directly impact this key component of our business by supporting our first-shift operations. Sound right up your alley? Keep reading!
What youll do:
(Were hiring in all three areas belowlet us know which role you prefer in your application.)
- Print, fold, & sort work order tickets
- Pick inventory, such as trays, lenses, & frames
- Operate a frame tracer
- Final Inspection
- Use a lensometer to ensure lenses have the correct power & meet ANSI standards
- Perform final visual quality inspection before products are packaged & shipped
- Identify & report defects
- Packing & Shipping
- Assemble kits for each order & package them for shipment
- Create & attach mailing labels
- Print order invoices
Who you are:
- Backed by at least one year of relevant work or internship experience
- A team player willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done right
- Positive & self-motivated
- An efficient communicator (both online & offline!)
- Highly attentive & organized
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of standing and/or walking for up to 10 hours
- Able to push, pull, squat, bend, & reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Not on the Officer of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- In this role, youll work the labs first shift MondayFriday, 7:00 a.m.4:00 p.m.
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels & designing our frames in-house, were able to offer top-quality glasses & sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, weve set up headquarters in New York City & Nashville, built our own optical lab, & opened retail locations all around the U.S. & Canada. As we grow, were committed to proving that businesses can scale & be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in needto date, thats over five million pairs.
Of course, all work & no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits & perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Flexible My Time vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends & family