POSITION TITLE: Manager, Career Solutions - Per Scholas
REPORTS TO: Site Director, Customized Training
LOCATION: Bronx, NY
The Social Ventures team at Per Scholas is expanding its Customized Training Division which offers technology training programs to support partner hiring demand in the New York area tech ecosystem. We are a small, multi-disciplinary team seeking individuals who can ensure the success of our delivery models.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Per Scholas seeks a Manager, Career Solutions, to ensure their students are successful in mid to high-level technology positions in the workplace after graduation. The Manager coordinates with Per Scholas local & national resources to design & implement career development curriculum, delivers components of the career development curriculum in coordination with course instructors, & advises students on career advancement opportunities to ensure successful placement in relevant jobs in the technology sector. The Manager will develop partnerships & relationships with corporations in local markets to create a hiring pipeline for successful graduates.
WHAT YOU LL DO:
- Implement the career development strategy to prepare students for mid- to high-level careers in technology
- Align the career development strategy with Customized Training client requirements
- Manage interview & placement processes with corporate partner HR & recruiting teams
- Provide students with ongoing individual career counseling & employment preparation coaching
- Identify student needs, provide necessary resources, establish individualized plans for student achievement, recommend students for particular employment opportunities, & address behavior or attitude concerns of students
- Develop a strong network of local employers to support the placement of students who are not directly hired by Customized Training clients & establish a voice in workforce development on behalf of Per Scholas
- Manage alumni outreach & activities for students graduating from Customized programs
- Connect program graduates with the resources necessary for them to maintain employment & advance in their careers
- Monitor & manage student outcome & placement data in Per Scholas Salesforce database as well as up-and-out metrics for internal & client reporting
WHAT YOU LL BRING TO US:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent relevant experience) required
- At least 3 years related professional experience in Human Resources/Recruiting, Career Coaching and/or adult workforce development
- Career & job development with specific experience with job-readiness/workplace skills training
- Demonstrated experience in classroom training & understanding principles of classroom management techniques appropriate for diverse adult learners
- Ability to generate or leverage existing relationships with employers in the New York Metro area
- Knowledge of workforce development a plus
- Data savvy & metrics oriented
- Knowledge of Salesforce & Learning Management Systems a plus
- You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work & mission.
- You are data-driven, results-oriented, & a forward-looking catalyst for social change.
- You have a collaborative & flexible work style. Youre excited to work cross-functionally with other departments & independently.
- You are an effective communicator with strong oral & written skills.
- You are tech savvy & learn new tools quickly.
- You are detail oriented, with exceptional organizational & time management skills.
- You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, & that talent should be recognized & recruited from many diverse sources.
WHY WORK HERE?
We believe our staff is the heart & soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative & mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths & work-life balance, & welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
Youll enjoy a welcoming & casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, & benefits like health care & a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful & have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
ABOUT PER SCHOLAS:
Per Scholas is a national nonprofit that drives positive & proven social change in communities across the country. Through rigorous & tuition-free technology training & professional development, we prepare motivated & curious adults who are unemployed or underemployed for successful careers as technology professionals, & we create onramps to businesses in need of their talents. Today we provide our solutions in eleven cities across the country: Atlanta, GA; Baltimore, MD; Greater Boston, MA; Greater Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; the National Capital Region Newark, NJ, New York, NY & Philadelphia, PA. To date, Per Scholas has trained more than 10,000 individuals, helping them build lasting, life changing skills & careers in technology.
If you have any questions about this role, please feel free to email our People team at email@example.com. We look forward to viewing your application!
Learn more at perscholas.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. See our full EEO statement here.