Lokavant is a technology company whose mission is to ensure that no clinical trial failsdue to operational error. By integrating & analyzing the disparate data sources within clinical trials, Lokavant providesreal-time visualizations andriskalertsto study sponsors & contract research organizations(CROs) to enabledata-driven decisions. These insights expedite trial timelines & reduce the costs of development, allowing safe & efficacious treatments to get to patients.
Lokavant centralizes trialdatato poweramachinelearning model that anticipates trial risk, provides data-driven risk mitigation strategies, & predicts the impact of mitigation strategy implementation.Lokavant's anticipatory monitoring capabilityis grounded in a compendium of data from over 1,000 clinical trialsandwill improve with each deployment.
About the Opportunity
How often are you given the opportunity to build something from the ground up, with an abundance of resources at your disposal; to be part of a team of people accomplished in diverse scientific & engineering disciplines, focused on using the best of what lies at the forefront of technology to address complex, real-world problems that have a positive impact on potentially millions of peoples' lives? This is that kind of opportunity.
We are seeking a seasoned technology leader with a strong aptitude for data engineering & data analytics applications to join the rapidly growing Lokavant team in our New York City headquarters. The ideal candidate has a serious passion for structuring data pipelines, as well as for developing front-end applications that espouse user-centric design & enabling complex insights to be consumed simply by clinical research end users. While this position would be leading the front-end development & back-end development teams, this role requires someone who will roll-up ones sleeves & code alongside the teams.
- Manage the technology roadmap & ensure its alignment with product, marketing, & sales
- Manage & work alongside the back-end Data Engineering team to ensure maintenance of a GCP-grade, 21 CFR part 11 data pipeline
- Manage & work alongside the front-end development team to ensure best practices are employed & user-centric design processes are maintained
- Manage & work alongside the infrastructure & information technology team to garner the appropriate hardware & software for development
- Ensure Lokavant technology thought leadership, representing Lokavant at conferences & summits, as well as contributing to our blog on a frequent basis
- Participate & support curation of Lokavants agile development process, ensuring iteration on our process as needed to support immediate as well as long-term goals for the product development & technology roadmap
- 5+ years experience managing technology teams, with some of experience developing enterprise SAAS solutions
- 3+ years experience with data analytics & data science product development
- Knowledge of data visualization & charting libraries (e.g. D3, DC, C3, Plotly, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile software environment
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail & highly organized, with effective multi-tasking & prioritization skills
- Proactive, self-motivated & self-directed, with the ability to learn quickly & autonomously
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Superior problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Sincere interest in working at a rapidly changing start-up & scaling with the company as we grow
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance in a technical field
- Experience in the life sciences industry
- Experience with healthcare data, ideally clinical/operational clinical trial data
- Knowledge of e-clinical systems & technologies (e.g. EDC, CTMS, IRT, etc.)
- Direct experience collaborating with clinical research/operations professionals
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, etc.)
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, MSc, PhD, etc.) in relevant field