ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The role will support our sales team by working with a growing team of Account Executives & Brand Strategists to establish & grow revenue-generating accounts in all pre-sale related activities. This role will report to the Senior Account Manager.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Build smaller tier media plans & pitch decks in partnership with Account Executive & Brand Strategy Teams in a timely & detail-oriented manner
- Update & maintain inventory management systems, including but not limited to; proposal entries, revisions, status updates, & calendar reservations for media placements across all Skimm products
- Assist Account Executives with client correspondence throughout the pre-sale process, including but not limited to; media plan revisions (changes & rates), specs, production timelines, benchmarks, & required assets
- Help Account Executives gather materials for client meetings & formal RFPs
- Collaborate with clients & internal ops team to process Insertion Orders for sold programs
- Transition sold campaigns to internal Creative Production team & ensure successful campaign launch
- Understand product offerings, specs, & operational capabilities
- Partner with Operations team to maintain campaign benchmark database & related metrics
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a media planner, sales planner, or similar digital role
- Extremely detailed & organized
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Is flexible & can deal effectively with changes in priorities or ambiguity
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
- Bachelor's degree required
- Understanding of digital brand advertising, email, & social media marketing
- Experience with GAM (DFP), DCM, Mediavisor, & other ad servers, a plus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.