About Rent the Runway:
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Facilities is responsible for overseeing all maintenance & janitorial functions within a warehousing facility. They are responsible for all machinery including cleaning equipment (washers, dryers, & spotting stations), supporting infrastructure (boilers, generators, & air compressors), finishing equipment (autobaggers & steam tunnels), conveyance (monorail system & package sorter as applicable), HVAC & all other mechanical devices within the facility. They are responsible for engaging their team to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost & quality while maintaining a positive employee experience.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for managing & overseeing facilities & janitorial teams across all shifts in the operation, including monitoring performance, providing feedback, & developing talent
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost & quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs for machine operations
- Identify root cause issues, create programs & plans to improve & drive long term, sustainable & repeatable solutions to improve all metrics in the department
- Become an expert in all RTR automation equipment
- Responsible for inventory management & storage of spare part equipment inventory & dry cleaning supplies, solvents, detergents & spotting chemicals
- Partner with Procurement for ordering & maintaining necessary supply levels for: spare parts, cleaning supplies, & necessary equipment needed for repairs
- Responsible for non-hazardous waste manifest & removal schedule
- Develop & document preventative maintenance routines, schedules & SOPs
- Ensure operations are up to industry safety & cleanliness standard
- Drive performance & process changes based on lean initiatives to drive operational efficiency & quality customer service
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies
- Ownership & accountability for teams daily decision making & execution
- Communicate across all levels of the operation
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- 6 to 12 years of related experience working in manufacturing, warehouse or industrial environment including oversight of large scale warehouse systems & equipment
- 5 to 7 years experience leading & developing people & teams & warehouse systems & equipment
- Experience with Kaizen & Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures/SOPs/maintenance routines
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Experience in one or more of the following trades: steamfitting, pipefitting, electrical, refrigeration, chillers & conveyance
- Knowledge of installation & maintenance of hydraulic & pneumatic components of machines & equipment including dry cleaning, laundry, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, HVAC a plus
- Black seal boiler license a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Many other amazing perks!