As the Senior Manager of Transportation you will be responsible for both inbound & outbound transportation networks. Inbound transportation consists of coordinating FTL, LTL, Train & Ocean freight shipments between our component suppliers, finished good suppliers & fulfillment centers but domestically & internationally. Outbound transportation consists of our network of parcel carriers that deliver from our fulfillment centers in the US & UK to our customers. Overall this role will ensure best in class management & execution for all aspects of transportation for Glossier.
6 Month Expectations:
- Be the subject matter expert on all inbound & outbound transportation matters from operational performance to financial impact
- Ensure a rigorous, score card based evaluation system for each transportation partner is in place along with regular MBR with each major transportation partner
- Understand the current overall network & develop an initial roadmap for ensuring it can support our growth.
12 Month Expectations:
- Develop a clear strategic vision for how the transportation network should evolve with Growth of Glossier
- Create a regular process for evaluating & the transportation network & identifying opportunities for improving service & decreasing costs.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience in a similar operational role
- Bachelors degree, quantitative or business discipline preferred
- Proficient at Excel
- Experience in eCommerce is preferred
- Experience with managing freight & parcel shipping partners