Working at Bitfury:
Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern & flexible workplace. We work a bit faster, & a bit smarter, so we can make the world a bit better.
Benefits of Working at Bitfury:
International Experiences & Global Impacts
Bitfury is an international company with 400+ team members in more than 16 countries. No matter your assignment, your work will support global technology initiatives & best-in-class security operations in North America, Asia & Europe, as well as help us fulfill our mission to make the world more transparent & trusted.
Building the Future
We believe artificial intelligence, blockchain technology & cryptocurrencies are the future of our digital, global economy. Bitfury is building this future through our products that offer digitized security, asset management, government services & more. We consider ourselves first & foremost a technology company. We are a diversified organization, with operations across multiple facets of the AI, blockchain, & digital currency sectors. If you are passionate about emerging technologies, you can build your future at Bitfury.
Accelerate Your Career
Bitfury is growing fast & looking for the next generation of leaders & entrepreneurs to help us. At Bitfury, you will be expected to create the future not just execute it. If you are a self-starter, driven & collaborative team member, you can create a dynamic future for yourself & your career at Bitfury.
Modern Workplace with Intelligent Flexibility
Bitfury lets you work in the way you need to work to make your work faster, smarter & better. We will give you the resources you need to succeed competitive pay & benefits, educational support, intellectual challenges, professional advancement, personal accommodations including remote work, & more. We pride ourselves on being less bureaucratic & a lot more impactful.
Start-up Culture with Established Results
Working with the worlds leading experts & engineers, you will have the opportunity at Bitfury to pursue results that will power your success as well as lead to the adoption of game-changing technologies. Our teams work every day to make the impossible possible, to change the game, to be agile & effective, & most of all to empower the rest of the world to do the same.
The role is based in the Group Reporting team & is responsible for the preparation of group & local entity financial statements & management of group & local audits. The role will also act as Technical Accounting expert & being able to provide advice on the accounting implications of business transactions.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Financial statements
- Preparation of group consolidated financial statements, including notes & disclosures required under IFRS.
- Preparation of local financial statements, including notes & disclosures required under local GAAPs.
- Management of year-end audits
- Liaison with group auditors on year-end audit plan & timely completion of audit deliverables & timely resolution of any audit queries.
- Liaison with local auditors on year-end audit plan & timely completion of audit deliverables & timely resolution of any audit queries.
- Technical accounting & compliance
- Research on new accounting developments & implications to the Group.
- Preparation of accounting papers to support accounting treatments of business transactions.
- Development & maintenance of accounting policies & ensure compliance across the group.
- Compliance reporting for statutory returns & requirements for all group entities.
- Financial reporting
- Working with Group Accounting team to ensure financial results correctly reflecting business operations as well as appropriate categorization of income statement & balance sheet items.
- Preparation of monthly monthly results, cash flow, balance sheet & KPIs, in accordance with reporting timetable, including publishing timely dashboards, analysis & commentary to support senior management in running the business.
- Preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of ad hoc analysis as directed
- Other responsibilities
- Support annual budgeting & quarterly forecasting processes.
- Support external reporting requirements.
- Mentoring & development of junior team members.
- Support the execution of controls for SOX compliance within external reporting
- Support Tax Director on timely local tax filings.
- Support ad hoc projects as directed by senior managers.
- University educated & trained in audit firms with 5 years + PQE.
- Experience in preparation of financial statements & management of year-end audits.
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards & requirements.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills & is able to elaborate technical accounting implications to non-finance colleagues.
- Fluency in spoken & written English is essential
- Experience in US listing as Foreign Private Issuers & SOX compliance is preferred.
Personal traits & characteristics
Curious, well-organised, capable of meeting multiple deliverables in strict deadlines, a self-start team worker who works well under pressure, he/she will be enthusiastic in looking for improvements & be prepared to challenge the existing thinking & practices. He/she will be comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment & be flexible & adoptable to achieve targets.
We offer you:
- A job in a High Tech International company in a booming ground-breaking industry;
- A great opportunity for career & professional growth;
- Freedom of actions, good salary & comfort.