Customer Friendships are created with Kustomer. Our customer management platform for the people-first enterprise is intelligent, powerful & flexible, & scales to meet the needs of any contact center & business. Agent-friendly as well as customer-friendly Kustomer unifies data from multiple sources, enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service & support through one single timeline view. Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading People-first brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, Slice, Sweetgreen, Stella & Dot, & UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel.
About the Role
Kustomers finance team is seeking an experienced & system savvy Accounts Payable Specialist to oversee the full procure-to-pay cycle. You will report to the VP of Finance. The Accounts Payable Specialist will manage the day to day Accounts Payable function, administer the travel & expense reimbursement policy/process, administer the Companys credit card program, as well as implement & administer systems relevant to these areas of responsibility.
You'll be responsible for:
- Process day-to-day operations of Accounts Payable
- Manage implementation of systems/solutions related to Accounts Payable, Expense Reimbursement & credit card programs
- Own AP accounts & month-end AP close
- Prepare & reconcile AP schedules on a monthly basis & assist in bank reconciliations
- Maintain Vendor Master File
- Maintain a healthy vendors' aging
- Manage 1099 process annually. Maintain records of W-9 Forms received
- Process timely payment to vendors & answer vendor calls & requests
- Ensure all invoices are accurately coded & input into GL, are supported by relevant approved documents & properly filed
- Support the monthly accrual process
- Support the maintenance & tracking of fixed assets
- Review, audit & process employee expense reports
- Support month-end close activities
- Administer the Companys credit card program
- Assist with collections, as necessary
- Additional projects/tasks & analyses, as necessary
- May involve handling sensitive personal data
- 5+ years of relevant experience fully owning an Accounts Payable function
- 3+ years of experience administering Expensify, Concur or a similar hosted expense reimbursement solution
- Good understanding of basic accounting (e.g. accruals, fixed assets, prepaids)
- Quickbooks & Netsuite experience strongly preferred
- Detail oriented & well organized
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, including proactively managing relevant AP systems & driving process/system implementations & enhancements
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment where change is the norm; strong multi-tasking skills, & flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Energetic, driven & dedicated
- Proficient in MS tools
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, & a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.