Were looking for
The Temp-Perm Associate Designer is responsible for designing & developing digital & print assets to supportthe Gilt team.
What youll accomplish
- With the guidance of the Creative Lead, design a variety of assets for Boutiques, Marketing, & Acquisitions, including Boutique Main doors, advertising assets, & internal creative needs, from conceptualization through final approval
- Work collaboratively & constructively on each project with other members on the team including Copywriters, Marketing Managers, Art Directors, Designers, & Brand Operations
- Execute on-brand design demonstrating considered layout, image composition, typography, & a sophisticated use of color palette.
- Create designs that reflect the current creative direction, as established by the Executive Creative Director
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Shift priorities to meet deadlines based on changing calendars
- Contribute regularly to swipe libraries
- Gain exposure to a variety of beautiful imagery
- Be an integral, contributing part of a tight-knit Creative team
- Work directly with business partners
- Opportunity to directly affect the business
THE RIGHT FIT:
- The foundational training to create refined designs with a focus on layout, image composition, & typography
- Exceptional skills with imaging applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator & Adobe InDesign
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance multiple small projects & deadlines
- Experience creating & optimizing graphics for the web
- Strong self-motivation & drive to succeed
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great, positive attitude we are a highly collaborative & collegial team.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience as a junior designer or as a designer in an agency or in-house creative group.
- Desire to learn new things & keep abreast of the world of fashion, style, design, retailing & ecommerce.
- A strong portfolio showing training & potential
- BA in Graphic Design with educational training in typography or related field
Bonus points for
- Skills & experience with video applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro & Adobe After Effects are a plus
- Any photography Art Direction experience
ABOUT THE CREATIVE TEAM:
A brand is not a brand without its identity. Thats where this department with its consistent design & voice comes in. Whether its the line of copy that made you laugh out loud or the thoughtful pairing of design & photography, its just the beginning with this group.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology, & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal Members turn to Rue Gilt Groupe for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor, & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.