WHO ARE WE?
The Graphic & Packaging Design team is responsible for all creative work across packaging, collateral, marketing & photography. From the actual barkbox, to treat packaging, to toy graphics, to in store signage, we work on it all. We are highly collaborative within the team as well as cross functionally & work on multiple brands & business lines.
We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously, & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
An NYC-based (or willing to be based), dog-obsessed, super talented Graphic Designer who is excited to work on developing & elevating our Super Chewer brand on the CPG & print side. Must thrive in a go-getting, fast-paced, multiple project juggling environment & be excited about working as part of a team to put the best product out there.
- Conceptualize, design, & execute print collateral & packaging for retail & subscription business lines.
- Deliver strategically informed design solutions.
- Quickly concept & generate ideas for presentations as well as team meetings/reviews.
- Work with vendors throughout the manufacturing process.
- Work cross-functionally with Toy Design, Merchandising, Marketing, & Project Management.
- Juggle multiple projects & deadlines, prioritizing as needed.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years design experience. Were looking for the right fit, not the right amount of years.
- BS/BA in graphic design or related field.
- Excellent knowledge of print design - including production, manufacturing processes, file formats & best practices.
- Proficiency in Creative Suite, AI, PS & ID specifically.
- You like being part of a team & are happy & willing to work in a collaborative environment.
- Strong portfolio that showcases a love of typography, layout & packaging.
- Strong time management & communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience designing for consumer goods/products.
- Be motivated, self-sufficient & have an entrepreneurial spirit.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.