Who We Are:
At Convene, we're building a company that embraces visible & invisible diversity, encourages healthy integration of personal goals & professional development, & fosters community. Our team's evolution, values & culture have been at the forefront of what we do since our founding. With the meetings & office market growing rapidly & showing no signs of stopping, we are constantly evolving & growing our offerings from hosting meetings & events to providing a full suite of offerings for flexible co-working spaces.
We are looking for a Senior IT Engineer to join the Convene team in a fast-paced, agile environment to work on a broad range of business initiatives by leveraging a wide set of technologies & tools. Youll be empowered to drive technology decisions that positions Convene to transform the workplace. Youll be developing our cutting edge Convene IT Cloud utilizing major Cloud providers & their latest service offerings.
What We Look For:
An individual in this position should possess:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with:
- Microsoft Windows environments
- Windows Server 2012+
- Powershell / Jenkins / Automation
- SSO / Okta
- AD, Group Policies & other services
- AWS or GCP or Azure
- Zendesk, Jira or other issue tracking systems
- Care deeply about quality & knows what it means to deliver high quality product
- Collaborative & adaptive, youre comfortable wearing many different hats
- Have a fun personality, communicate clearly & a pleasure to work with
What Youll Do:
- Work with a team of extremely talented engineers to architect & build the platform which will power all Convene applications
- Build & maintain Corporate infrastructure fully based in the clouds
- Build & maintain automation suite for Helpdesk & Corporate Engineering teams
- Design & participate in a complex systems designs & implementations
- Work with across the company & helping the team respond quickly & effectively to business needs
- Explore new technologies & have fun finding the best tools
Convene (www.convene.com) designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major U.S. cities, with plans to expand globally. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Company Size: 501-1,000 employees
Type: Privately Held
2017 - $55M
2018 - $75M
2019 - $122M
In everything we do, we strive to put our people first. This starts internally: we believe our values drive behaviors to create culture. Together we are building a culture that embraces diversity & learning, humility & gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously & strive for a healthy integration between work & personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Convene employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO & family leave
- Generous professional development policy that includes funds earmarked for each employee's discretionary professional growthHave a conference you want to attend? A class you want to take? If it's helping take your career to the next level, we support it. Each employee is required to 65 hours of learning per year
- Excellent health coverage for team members & their families
- Supportive work environment & a leader who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions & hobbies
- Healthy snacks
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.