Appians information security team is growing & is seeking a Security Operations Center Manager (SOC) to help get us to the next level!
This position is responsible for building & leading the Appian Federal Security Operations Center (SOC). This is a new program being built out to support federal customers
In this role, you will be responsible for supervising people, process & technology. This is a 24/7/365 operation & you will provide team leadership, develop strategic programs, identify technology initiatives, & develop & implement policies & procedures. Specific functional areas of responsibility & proficiency include: security event monitoring, security tools & infrastructure, stakeholder engagement (customers & operational partners), data-driven (metrics) reporting, team & task-specific performance assessment, & management of Appians critical incident responses.
About the Job:
- Build, staff, lead & manage a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center; Plan & direct day-to-day activities
- Select & deploy Security Operations Center tools & infrastructure; Build out team that is capable of acting upon events & maintaining infrastructure
- Responsible performance management & career development of SOC members
- Instill & reinforce industry best practices in the domains of incident response, cybersecurity analysis, case & knowledge management, & SOC operations
- Recruit & staff a team responsible for 24x7x365 operations
- Establish operational foundations, defining metrics & KPIs to drive governance, quality & efficiency
- Promote & drive implementation of automation & process efficiencies
- Ensure Security Operations Center compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, industry standards, corporate policies, guidelines & procedures, including but not limited to, NIST, ISO, PCI, HIPAA & SOC 2 requirements
- Provide assessment for a wide range of incidents, events, & situations & provide potential resolutions
- Be adept at managing crises; provide front-line leadership in coordinating Appians responses to a wide range of events
- 3+ years experience supervising and/or managing teams
- 5+ years of security operations, intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
- Knowledgeable about planning, directing, & managing Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT) and/or Security Operations Center (SOC) operations in an organization in a large, complex environment
- Mature understanding of industry accepted standards for incident response actions & best practices related to SOC operations
- Experience supervising & leading employees of various roles & technical skill levels
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, & the ability to create technical reports based on analytical findings.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Eligible
- 4+ years experience supervising and/or managing teams
- 7+ years experience in security operations, intrusion detection and/or incident handling experience
- Deep technical understanding of core current cybersecurity technologies as well as emerging capabilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the life cycle of cybersecurity threats, attacks, attack vectors & methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques & procedures (TTPs)
- Familiarity or experience in Intelligence Driven Defense, Cyber Kill Chain methodology, and/or MITRE ATT&CK framework
- Solid experience with cloud platforms & security & Cloud Native technologies (i.e. Kubernetes)
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.