At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We're looking for a Counsel to join our Regulatory Compliance team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work across all areas of the company to implement compliance objectives for Lyfts business. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial & resourceful, skilled at building strong relationships, & comfortable working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment. This role reports to Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance.
- Engage in the rulemaking process directly with regulators, & negotiate & advocate for favorable interpretations & adoption of administrative rules
- Track & document Lyfts regulatory compliance obligations across jurisdictions
- Research & advise on regulatory compliance issues that impact Lyfts Operations, Marketing, Finance & Product teams
- Communicate regulatory compliance requirements & offer guidance to other teams, including Comms, Product, Public Policy, Customer Support, & other teams within the Legal department.
- JD & active membership in a state bar with good standing
- 5+ years of experience working in a legal or compliance role
- Experience working with or for regulatory agencies
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written & verbal) & interpersonal skills
- Experience appearing before public regulatory agencies or representing parties in administrative proceedings is a plus
- Ability to think both tactically & strategically
- Ability to set priorities & respond to changing demands from multiple internal & external sources under demanding deadlines
- Passion for Lyft & its mission
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.