We are looking for an Office Manager to join our People & Facilities team, based in New York, NY with responsibilities across all 1stDibs locations. As we rethink our office environment in the new post-pandemic world, you will have the opportunity to shape the future of our employees in-person experience. You will build upon the fun, warm, supportive culture weve already established, & find ways to extrapolate that culture across the community of unique & diverse 1stDibbers across all locations. This is a great role for someone who wants to flex both their organizational skills as well as their people skills in an exciting, high-growth environment.
This role will be full-time, with the expectation that this role will be an integral part of reopening our office facilities, which is tentatively set to begin in September 2021.
What youll do
- Project manage office reopenings, maintaining COVID safety protocols, & setting the foundations for a healthy in-person work environment
- Ensure our NYC & WyBoston, UK office spaces are safe, productive, efficient, & fun.
- Identify & open offices in other locations as required.
- Manage all vendor relationships including cleaning & maintenance, plant watering, supply ordering, in-office snack & beverage ordering & catering
- Manage & maintain office budgets in collaboration with manager & finance team
- Develop, plan, & execute an employee office perks program meeting the unique needs of individuals in each of our locations
- Manage all aspects of the office setup including floor plan, furniture ordering, desk allocation, & group gathering & coworking spaces
- Build relationships with our employees to understand & respond to needs of the team, all while, fostering a culture of engagement & inclusivity
- Serve as the reception point of contact, welcoming employees, visitors, & guests to our space.
- Distribute mail, packages, & incoming phone calls
- Foster a positive work environment through planning & executing events such as new hire happy hours, holiday celebrations, parties at our in-office Bar 51, & the opportunity to get creative & develop new traditions
- Manage a facilities coordinator, to be hired as we near closer to office reopening
What youll bring
- 3-5 years of experience in office management, facilities, employee experience, or as an executive assistant
- Ability to think through the little details of office management as well as the big picture of employee experience
- Experience managing vendor relationships
Nice to Haves:
- Experience managing office spaces across multiple locations
- Experience working on return-to-office plans, COVID protocol
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
1stDibs is actively hiring and, in response to COVID-19, conducting all interviews & onboarding virtually. Any new or current team members will be temporarily working remotely until our offices reopen, at which point all employees are expected & required to return physically to the New York office.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the hiring team following submission of your application.