About BentoBox & Our Mission
The BentoBox Marketing & Commerce Platform delivers a seamless guest experience dedicated to accelerating growth & helping restaurants thrive. BentoBox empowers modern restaurants to build their online presence, diversify revenue, engage with diners, & increase operational efficiency. To do so, the platform includes products such as websites, ordering (online ordering, pre-order & catering, gift cards, merchandise, tickets), events management, & marketing tools.
Over 8,000 restaurant concepts worldwide rely on BentoBox as their digital front door. BentoBox is trusted & loved by hospitality groups such as Jos Andrss ThinkFoodGroup & Danny Meyers Union Square Hospitality Group & independent restaurants including Emmy Squared, Suerte, & The Meatball Shop. In November 2021, Fiserv, a leading global provider of payments & financial services technology that enables 200,000 restaurants to deliver differentiating experiences, acquired BentoBox. The acquisition will allow BentoBox to support more restaurants than ever before.
About This Role:
Were looking for a talented Senior Product Designer to join our growing product team. This Senior Product Designer will ensure both restaurant operators & restaurant guests have an exceptional experience when interacting with BentoBox products. This individual will work to enhance the user experience of our website admin system which covers the core CMS, online food ordering, events management, catering store, third-party integrations, & more.
What You'll Do:
- Take ownership of a projects product design process, acting autonomously to lead a project to a successful launch
- Produce elegant solutions to complex problems, efficiently & consistently
- Design from concept to hand-off, knowing when to make low-fi sketches & when to make pixel-perfect prototypes
- Help maintain & evolve our design system
- Inform design solutions by conducting competitive analysis, reviewing analytics, interviewing users & running user tests
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers & internal stakeholders to find effective but practical solutions to design problems
- Give & solicit feedback from other designers, including mentoring less senior designers
- Present concepts to leadership, justifying your choices with rationale & research
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, & principles
Experience We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of product design experience (startup experience is a plus)
- Experience designing b2b or admin web platforms
- Fluency in contemporary design tools (we use Figma)
- Passion for end-to-end product design: you know how to craft experiences that feel good, look good, & address user needs
- Proven strength in core visual design principles, particularly visual hierarchies
- Familiarity with new & upcoming best practices, along with knowledge of past trends
- Empathy for users, understanding their pain points & advocating for their needs
- Experience conducting user research & digging into data to help inform design iterations
- Ability to think about high-level product vision, understand how to effectively balance user needs, business objectives, & technical constraints
- A positive, proactive approach to your work
- Interface animations skills
- Experience in the hospitality industry
To be considered for this role, please submit a link to a portfolio.
Perks of Joining Us:
Were building a hybrid workforce, all or most of our roles can be worked remotely, regardless of location, unless specified.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit plans to suit your unique needs
- 401(k) & Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Generous time off programs including paid parental leave
- Holistic wellness program
- Employee resource groups
- Professional development, growth & support
- Opportunity to work with a passionate team making a positive impact on the hospitality community
Important Information on BentoBoxs COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
In order to protect our community, BentoBox requires all newly hired employees in the United States to be fully vaccinated before their start date. Proof of vaccination will be a condition to hiring. BentoBox complies with all applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or sincerely held religious beliefs.
BentoBox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.