Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team member to join our lean & effective HR Team. Youll be responsible for driving the employee experience starting with on-boarding. This role will work closely with the HR Ops Team, HR Business Partners, Instructional Managers & the Payroll team.
- Prepare & ensure accuracy & signatures for offer letters for all prospective full time temporary employees globally
- Manage the distribution & collection/completion of New Hire Paperwork
- Input & verify data in the Oracle HCM (HRIS) database
- Act as the first point of contact for all temporary full time new hires joining the organization
- Continually question & upgrade processes to be as user friendly, efficient & scalable
- Ensure updates for contractors are input timely into HRIS system by monitoring ticket systems
- Complete employment verifications, unemployment requests, as well as I9 & e-verify verifications
- 1+ years of HR support experience in a busy, fast paced office environment
- Experience must include regular, daily written & verbal communication volume
- Ability to monitor several communication channels at once (slack, gmail etc)
- Comfortable with Excel & other Microsoft systems
- Enjoys multi-tasking & is able to establish a rhythm & operating system for meeting all deadlines
- Loves data & takes pride in getting it right - is accurate, produces documents that do not need correcting
- Strong grammatical written & verbal skills - communicates effectively
- Is detail oriented - checks everything over twice
- Is a confidential person & respects private information
- Action Oriented
- Instills Trust
- Communicates Effectively
- Nimble Learning