Food Safety Manager Job Description:
The most important thing we can deliver to our customers is a safe product - this person will have a direct hand in delivering a fantastic product to our customers dinner table. As the go to Food Safety center of excellence in our Newark Distribution Center, this person will become an instrumental part of building out the department from scratch & become the main line of defense in maintaining & improving the safety of our product, people, & facilities. This is a unique opportunity to drive the development of a brand newdepartment within a young growing company.
Be responsible for all adhering to all food safety regulatory & SQF standards. The SQF Practitioner at HelloFresh oversees the development, implementation, review & maintenance of the SQF system. The position supervises the food safety & sanitation team. Additionally, the position develops, implements & manages food safety & SQF systems designed to ensure continuous compliance with all food safety regulatory & SQF standards.
- Ensure food safety compliance with local, city, state & federal requirements
- Create & manage SQF systems as SQF practitioner
- Ensure a high level of internal & external customer service. Investigate
(and correct) customer issues & complaints relating to quality.
- Manages the food safety & sanitation departments to ensure
high productivity & high technical integrity.
- Performing internal audits.
- Develop & analyze statistical data & product specifications
to determine standards & to establish quality & reliability expectancy of
- Coordinate objectives with production procedures in cooperation
with other plant managers to maximize compliance, product reliability and
- Create, document & implement inspection criteria and
- Interpret quality control philosophy to key personnel within
- Maintain an active role on internal continuous improvement teams.
- Design, develop & implement food safetytraining programs.
- Provide, & oversee, inspection activity for products
throughout the production cycle.
- Interact with vendors & procurement to ensure food safety of
all purchased parts.
- Addressing nonconformities from previous internal & external
- Conducting a management review of the food safety &
- Following-up on & closing pending preventive & corrective action requests.
- Ensuring that organizational systems & training is in place.
- Ensuring that documentation & design controls are appropriate
- Administering document control & configuration management
- Overseeing established calibration & testing programs.
- Assisting the management team & providing QA support when QA
Manager is out.
- Provide all employees with necessary tools, proper training and
- SQF practitioner
- Leadership: train & develop a large group of employees
- Performance Management: for assigned production lines
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Communication Proficiency: speak to employees with tact & diplomacy
- Time Management: tracking/monitoring production & maintaining
- Technical Capacity: computer literacy to input information into
- Learning Orientation: able to take direction & relay information
At a minimum, you have
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Food Science, Biology or other relevant subjects
- 5 years of experience within the food industry
- Minimum of 1year of experience in a leadership role within a fulfillment center
- Strong attention to detail & data driven mindset
- Extensive knowledge of principles & applications of FSQA programs including HACCP, Sanitation
- Up-to-date knowledge onFDA guidelines
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, coffee & catered meals
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.