Breather creates & curates a network of beautiful, on-demand private spaces that you can reserve & unlock via our web & mobile apps. We are live in 10 cities across 3 countries & backed by some of the best investors in NYC & Silicon Valley. We enable top companies to do more productive & inspired work & are growing quickly! We're venture-backed; we have big ambitions, & we want you to help us achieve them.
The Payroll Administrator will manage payroll across USA, Canada, & the UK. From processing global payroll & benefits for our employees, you will be responsible for Breathers greatest asset - our people. Our aim is simply to provide a helpful & seamless process to our colleagues & have fun while doing it.
*This is a Part-Time position*
As a Payroll Administrator at Breather, you will:
- Process payroll to ensure timely distribution to USA, Canada & UK employees
- Administer all employee files including new hire information, enrollments, changes, or terminations in our payroll/benefit system
- Review & update records for payroll/benefit program compliance (for example, statutory payroll/tax reporting)
- Review electronic timesheets verifying for attendance, hours worked & pay adjustment
- Perform monthly payroll reconciliations
- Ensure company compliance with federal & state laws, including reporting requirements
- Record & monitor leave time (vacation or sick)
- Perform routine audits to assure that benefits & payroll transactions are documented & processed per regulatory guidelines & company established pay practices & policies
- Participate in & provide support for special projects & other responsibilities, including coordinating annual open enrollment fairs, 401 (k) education sessions, & other ad-hoc finance related projects
You are the ideal candidate because you have:
- 2+ years experience in payroll administration
- Proven ability in process payroll
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, under pressure with frequent deadlines
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to comfortably interact with employees of all levels of experience & seniority, across the organization
- Strong knowledge of all federal & state regulations, filing & compliance requirements, including COBRA, FMLA, & DOL/FLSA requirements.
- Ability to exercise discretion & maintain confidentiality
- Accounting & taxation knowledge is preferred
- Proficient in excel & other MS office programs
- Experience working in a dynamic in fast-paced environment
Great work deserves great perks!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary & company equity
- Annual wellness & learning reimbursement
- Free access to the Breather network of over 500 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, theyll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- A great referral program - good people know good people!
- Fun work environment & company culture with an upbeat, first-class team plus a kitchen filled with healthy snacks & treats!