Mark43s mission is to empower communities & their governments with new technologies that improve the safety & quality of life for all. We build powerful, scalable, & elegant software that sets a new standard for the tools upon which our first responders rely. Our users are diverse, & we are therefore committed to embracing diversity of thought & experience within our team.
We are looking for a Community Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Program Management, you will work cross functionally across the organization with the product, marketing, & growth teams. You will be responsible for developing both physical & virtual high touch communities for all of Mark43s clients.You will develop tools & approaches for Mark43 to share updates, solicit feedback, & set up an organic community where members rely on each other for new ideas or solutions. You will also serve as the point person to ensure consistency amongst all of Mark43 community activities (online, roundtables, user conferences, etc).
What You'll Do:
If you were part of our team, here are some things you would have done last week:
- Been the voice of Mark43: Managed day to day communications on Mark43s community tools to spur conversation, shared relevant articles, made connections, & curated information. Ensured a consistent single voice in Mark43 messaging across community activities. Generated enthusiasm for Mark43 products & kept customers energized about where Mark43 is going.
- Been the architect: Strategized empathetic, inclusive, & fun ways to nurture community & grow user engagement. Set up both virtual & in-person forums for users to connect. Created a vibrant virtual community space where users can discuss our product, share ideas, & crowdsource to solve challenges. Orchestrated & ran the Mark43 user conference. Developed in-person-lectures, webinars, & customer roundtable conversations to build customer engagement.
- Been the advocate: Shared key community learnings across the organization to influence marketing, product, & growth strategies.
- Been the program manager: Ensures projects remain on time, on schedule, & successful.
What Youll Need:
Were looking for someone with 5-8 years of experience building both online & in-person customer communities. You should have experience using tools to build virtual user forums to create online engagement amongst users. We also expect you to have experience planning & running user conferences both in-person & online, including experience with tools like Powerpoint, Slack, Zendesk, & online webinar software. You will be working directly with end users making connections, sharing information, & gaining buy-in, so you must be a skilled & effective communicator in multiple different mediums (virtual, in-person, formal written, online posts). You should have excellent project management skills & know how to transform an idea into a full-blown solution. Above all, you should be known as someone who can advocate for users across an entire organization.
People who thrive on our team also tend to share the following characteristics:
- Humble, open, & curious. You recognize there are numerous ways to solve a problem or implement a strategy. You gain various perspectives & consider the impact on the customer & other teams before making a decision. You also promote team diversity & diversity of thought.
- Attentive, active listeners. Youre interested in what others have to say & illustrate your interest with your actions. You listen with empathy & ask follow up questions to determine what your team & customers would like to achieve. You are comfortable with conflict because conflict provides an opportunity to help solve problems.
- Enthusiastic collaborators. You understand that the best outcomes are achieved through shared ownership, & you seek to spread knowledge & expand participation rather than restrict it. You need to work cross-functionally to achieve successful outcomes for your team & customers. Youll also serve as a company ambassador for customer success since fulfilling customer outcomes is a shared responsibility.
- Ultimate team player You focus more on team & customer success than personal achievements. You understand that each team within the Deployments team works hand-in-hand to provide the best customer experience possible & you might have to pitch in to help other team members.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. You know that sometimes problems & situations cant be simplified or fully understood; you know where to find information to help bring clarity to a situation, but you also understand that you wont always have all the information when making decisions. You invite change & help your team & customers navigate change.
Our team is located in our New York, however, we are open to new teammates who work in a remote capacity.