Senior Software Developer in Test for test development & verification of our Spatial Computing system that provides a realistic 3D augmented environment on top of the real world. Position will target the verification of the kernel & drivers for the software integrated in our compute pack & headset units. Includes the validation of code provided by 3rd party chip vendors that is integrated into our platform.
- Work with the development, program management, & test teams to define, develop, & execute test cases that will allow us to perform validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, & components that make up our embedded OS.
- Low Level Drivers
- Boot Up Sequence
- HW / SW interoperability
- Analyze various components of the Magic Leap systems, collaborate with various development teams, & use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot & verify software defects & other technical issues
- This includes being able to analyze logs to help root cause the issue or determine the component(s) causing it
- Review integrated code change to isolate which one might be causing a failure within a release
- Define & develop utilities / tools to accomplish the assigned testing
- Provide technical recommendations towards solution that supports Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, & Agile practices
- 7+ years of software development experience working on embedded products or mobile applications with a minimum of 4 of those years having an emphasis on Linux kernel
- Experience with embedded software testing & should have worked on different Microcontroller based systems (ARM, 8051, etc) & Microprocessor (x86, etc). Should be thorough with - concept of computer architecture.
- Experience with Linux or Android
- Excellent understanding of all test fundamentals & the associated use of test management & defect tracking tools is a must
- Hands-on experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices like sensors & cameras is desired
- Good understanding of hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system & communication protocols like UART, I2C, SPI, etc.
- Expertise with one or more programming languages, such as C, C++, C#
- Scripting knowledge of Python, Powershell & Shell scripting is desirable
- Good troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues
- Good analytical & problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of test data analysis, statistics, & test reports
- Excel in a fast-paced, agile environment supporting multiple projects using a wide variety of technologies
- Excellent oral & written communication skills including effective presentation with a dynamic & can do attitude
- BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- MS is preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.