Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable, & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental, or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories, & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Team:
The supply chain & operations team at RTR works to deliver the customer mission by innovating through automation, process improvement, transportation methods, packaging, & garment science. In doing so, the RTR operations team owns the largest cost components of the business: fulfillment labor, transportation, & inventory care. While this is true of any e-commerce company, our subscription rental model & reverse logistics process introduce unique complexities to RTR. Given that garments are rented multiple times, returning garments to like-new condition is critical to maximizing the life of our inventory. RTR is thus not only tasked with scaling productive operational processes for traditional e-commerce functions but also with carrying out manufacturing-like processes such as dry cleaning & repairs. The variety of our inventory assortment - which has been expanding with the growth of new categories - further introduces challenges to implementing traditional technologies & solutions. Success on the RTR operations team requires the pursuit of constant innovation beyond conventional standards.
About the Job:
RTR is seeking an outstanding Senior Manager, Procurement, to join our team to manage & scale all spending on non-inventory goods & services. In this position, you will partner with cross-functional teams & interface with business leaders to support critical business initiatives. This role provides the opportunity to build & grow best practices for a quickly growing company.
What Youll Do:
- Develop & execute best-in-class procurement strategies to ensure business continuity for all fulfillment goods & services, meeting budget, cash flow, & quality requirements.
- Establish, track & monitor key operating metrics. Identify & execute projects to improve metrics to decrease costs & increase efficiencies throughout the supply chain.
- Lead Procurement Coordinators to manage procure-to-pay workflows from initiation to completion of purchase order placement, material deliveries, & invoicing for all sites.
- Ensure continuous supply & required inventory levels of non-inventory goods in compliance with cash flow & facility space requirements. Anticipate & proactively communicate any supply issues that pose risk or impact business operations to stakeholders.
- Maintain existing & build new supplier relationships to meet all fulfillment needs. Execute contract agreements for all goods & service providers in partnership with Legal to deliver value while minimizing risks to business operations.
- Build & maintain budget & demand forecasts in partnership with Finance & Operations.
- Partner with Finance & Accounting to lead discontinuous improvement to reporting & spend control standards & visibility across functions.
- Work autonomously in an ambiguous environment, seeking to understand business problems, scaling factors, boundary conditions, & the rationale driving overarching leadership decisions.
- 2+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of procurement & supply management.
- Proficiency in using business/technical software such as Excel & Word to build easy-to-understand business cases.
- Experience running RFP processes.
- Experience with best-in-class tools & processes, but with the ability to create them in a new environment.
- Strong communicator (Written & Verbal) & organized thinker.
- You function effectively & autonomously in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment. You thrive on building new processes & managing time effectively to address high-priority items.
- Experience launching new processes from start to finish
- Experience leading and/or influencing procurement-adjacent process:
- Operations: receiving of goods, invoice approvals
- Accounting/AP: financial compliance, reporting
- Finance: budget, demand planning
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company-wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.