Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who You Are
This position is for an experienced UX Writer ready to establish & evangelize their discipline at Dataminr while proactively collaborating with teams across the organization.
- You are a quick study who can gain deep knowledge about the contours of our systems, our business goals, & the needs of our customers & can apply those insights to establish & evolve Dataminrs content standards.
- You operate with a human-centered approach. Even though you have great intuition, you are constantly looking to validate your ideas through user research & feedback.
- You have excellent communication skills. You can initiate discussions, facilitate brainstorms, support your decisions, & thoughtfully present your solutions to stakeholders.
What Youll Do
As Dataminrs first UX Writer, you'll be collaborating with product managers, designers, researchers, engineers, & marketers focused on delivering valuable & intuitive experiences to international newsrooms, Fortune 500's, & enterprise organizations within the public sector.
- Set & uphold high standards for content at Dataminr, creating a vision for a cohesive narrative that spans multiple products & touch points.
- Develop, promote, & maintain our first content style guide.
- Make data-driven decisions & advocate for users. Youll tie your decisions back to your research & guide the content strategy from the users perspective while keeping business goals in mind.
- Work autonomously while proactively partnering with groups across the organization. Take ownership of your work & effectively manage priorities.
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 5-7 years of experience writing for desktop & mobile products. Experience working on information-heavy enterprise platforms & systems is a plus.
- A portfolio of writing samples that demonstrates experience across different content types such as interfaces, microcopy, user education, emails, style guides, & marketing content.
- Experience conducting user research & testing to support content strategy.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.