Via is looking for a Finance Associate be involved in all aspects of the core finance functions at Via, including the month-end financial close, financial reporting, technical accounting research, & preparing & monitoring key operational metrics, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. A successful candidate will be organized & structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new & challenging projects, & be a clear communicator.
What You'll Do:
- Manage finance & accounting projects across Vias operations, developing a unique knowledge & understanding of the business as a whole
- Support all aspects of the monthly close, working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate & timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management & operational level
- Scale up the Companys systems & processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance & optimization of accounting & tax structures
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, & partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives & assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation & implementation of organization wide control processes for various functions
Who You Are:
- Organized & independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness & ability to learn complex processes & systems
- Strong analytical & communication skills; youre able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, & discuss your analysis
- Background in audit or tax at an elite public accounting firm, or experience in an accounting role at a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or a similar field of study
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior experience at a large global public accounting firm, or a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Advanced Excel skills
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems & sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized & customizable solutions for each & every one of our global partners (100 & counting, last we checked)
Long story short: were very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world & modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages & benefits, including equity, health insurance, & relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.