We are hiring an enthusiastic & driven Synch Assistant in New York to join the global Synch & Brand Partnerships team. Our ideal candidate has a passion for music & should have excellent communication skills, be highlyorganizational, be a self-starter who is able to be independently pro-active, & should be very comfortable working with managers, artists & songwriters as well as internal & external executives.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting & for artists to maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. This global technology platform can track & collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists & songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently 640 people based across 13 offices & were still growing!
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT, SYNCH AT KOBALT DO?
- Provide administrative support to the NYC Synch Team. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling & calendar management
- Coordinating meetings & guest visits
- Organizing & submitting expenses
- Coordinating travel
- Organizing & maintaining team assets
- Liaise with other departments at Kobalt for various projects & meetings
- Track, organize & manage client tour schedules for NY, East Coast & Midwest
- Create & send show invites for the Kobalt roster
- Manage & track all show RSVPs & sort out requests along with show details
- Liaise with Kobalt clients & their teams to sort ticket holds & buys
- Plan & execute internal & external artist showcases
- Support the NYC synch team by attending client shows
- Plan & execute client & customer events
- Log synch deals andpitches in the internal database as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years administrative experience, preferably supporting and/or interacting with senior level executives
- Music industry experience with knowledge of the recorded & music publishing businesses preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Google Drive; Photoshop & iMovie also preferred
- Great initiative with the ability to be collaborative, demonstrate strong judgment, professionalism, & poise
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills & ability to be resourceful are imperative
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, high volume & evolving environment
- Ability to work overtime when necessary
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.