500px is the leading online network for photographers. Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers & provide them with opportunities to discover inspiration, get exposure & rewarded for their work, & help them learn & grow their skills. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find & share the worlds most inspiring photography.
Please note that we are all currently working remotely, & plan to continue doing so until staff feel safe & comfortable returning to the office.
500px, the worlds premier photography community, is looking for an exceptionally talented Product Designer. We need someone who is well versed in UX & UI design & wields this superpower to create amazing digital experiences. We need someone who can utilize design to not only meet the needs of our users but the needs of the business. This person should be comfortable moving quickly, in this fast-paced environment, & performs well in a multidisciplinary setting.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the end-to-end process from discover to delivery, spot problems in your domain & make sure they get attention
- Work collaboratively in multidisciplinary teams to define the product
- Conceptualize product through sketches, flowcharts, wireframes, & prototyping to surface the best solutions that solve both business & user problems & deliver measurable outcomes
- Get feedback through user interviews & testing & summarize insights for stakeholders, & use them to make informed design decisions
- Prioritize & organize your work against team goals in conjunction with your manager, & minimize time spent on creating unnecessary deliverables
- Continuously improve a product based on user feedback & analytics to get it to near perfection
- Provide critiques & peer review of other designers work, while embracing feedback on your own work
- Contribute & maintain the design system
- Contribute to team productivity by sharing knowledge & documentation
What the ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years of experience with end-to-end digital product design
- A bachelor's degree in interaction design, HCI, digital media, or related discipline
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your previous work in design thinking, process, UX/UI & visual design skills
- Been part of a team that has shipped software that solves real users problems & achieves business outcomes
- Experience working with an agile design process & are capable of shaping your own
- Ability to diverge & converge on problems & iterate to surface the best solutions
- Ability to look at the user experience holistically & detailed-oriented
- Able to work within constraints & find creative ways to solve problems
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions, drawing on stakeholder insights & user interviews
- Experience with modern design tools (Figma) & the willingness to adopt new tools as needed
- Experience designing mobile interfaces on the web, iOS & Android
- Practice design as a team sport & leave your ego at the door
- Bring a passion to learn & grow every day, & an interest in sharing your learnings with your peers
Bonus points for:
- Having worked on an online social platform with a large user base
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Experience with the photography industry
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible work hours
- Great health & dental benefits starting on day one
- Professional development opportunities
- Amazing coworkers from around the world (repping 20 countries & 19 languages)
- Generous time off policies for vacations, sick days, birthdays, religious observances, civil involvement, new babies or pets, emergencies, or even if you just need to recharge
- Life-friendly Zoom calls we love to see your pets & hear your kids jokes!
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study: we'll ask you to complete a challenge, & then share it with us to review
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.