KATERRA is a technology company transforming property development, design, & constructionfrom start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, & construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design & build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainablewe can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences.
Senior HVAC Systems Engineer
The Senior HVAC Systems Engineer will work within the HVAC development team, providing product expertise & deep systems knowledge that will drive first-of-its-kind HVAC thermal designs that lower acquisition costs, lower lifetime cost of ownership, provide innovative feature sets, & lower energy consumption. This role will work heavily with cross functional organizations like building architecture, building sciences, Industrial Design, & Product Management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead the engineering design process that ultimately delivers highly innovative new Katerra HVAC systems for application in:
- Senior Living
- Student Housing
- Strategize with product management, building sciences, engineering, manufacturing, & procurement teams to deliver the most efficient system at the lowest material & installation cost
- Work with building design resources to develop new HVAC product concepts
- Support HVAC system & equipment validation through comparison between modeling results & commissioning data
- Create product schedules & work continuously to meet schedule milestones
- Work with internal & external resources & companies to bring products to production & implementation.
- Champion improvements in advanced technologies to attain a competitive advantage & to maintain Katerras leadership image in technology.
Required Skills & Experience
- Post graduate degree in mechanical engineering. Masters degree required; Ph.D. desired.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience in development of cutting edge HVAC systems including analysis, system design & performance validation.
- Thorough knowledge of the engineering fundamentals & the underlying physics of HVAC systems.
- Experience developing high efficiency heat pump HVAC systems utilizing advanced technology such as variable speed compressors, electronic expansion valves & high efficiency motors & microchannel heat exchangers.
- Working knowledge of CFD and/or FEA tools is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience using industry standard system simulation tools to answer critical design questions.
- Demonstrated experience developing advanced control algorithms.
- Proven experience leading a product development team.
- Proven track record of innovation & product success.
- Experience with a top tier HVAC system manufacturer highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to work within a product development team & with external development partners, OEMs/ODMs, & suppliers.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.