Flexible work location across Ireland
- Whether that be in the office (post-lockdown), or
- Remote from anywhere in Ireland (excluding Northern Ireland) or
- A mix of office/remote work in Ireland, we offer you the flexibility to choose what works best for your lifestyle.
What Youll be helping us Achieve:
Nothing at all to dislike. Interfaces are highly intuitive. Visuals are helpful & guiding. A great user-friendly & intuitive interface, meaning it's very easy to track legal spend with minimal effort.
That's just some of the great feedback our customers provide, when using our software. And its testament to the great work our teams do here at Brightflag More about us later. For now, we want to talk about you.
Here youll see your designs improve users' lives in real time. Youll be given the chance to have your design voice really heard, creating & shaping great user experiences. And youll have the opportunity to use your UX/UI & research chops, to partner on the full product design lifecycle.
Were a small, yet mighty Product Design team (currently 2). And we're looking for a 3rd Product Designer to join us.
What will you be doing:
Become the design leader in your Scrum team
- Youll be embedded within an Agile Scrum team, working ahead of them on designs they will soon engineer.
- Youll also be guiding & supporting them during the sprint, focusing on quality output.
- This gives you the opportunity to make your design voice heard: e.g.
- Researching - & using data to drive decision making.
- Influencing - to get the best design solution possible.
- Collaborating with our engineers, QA & product owners to develop & expand our design system.
- Supporting our design team, as needed during sprints (input, mentoring, guidance etc.)
Create new features that make a positive difference (and meet the users who use them)
- Youll work closely with our Lead Product Designer, helping realise a common vision for our product.
- Youll help us map requirements early on, applying a variety of your design skills to;
- Design interaction models & flows.
- Create rapid wireframes & hi-fidelity mockups.
- Deliver rapid prototypes that promote ease of use & optimize how customers interact with our products.
- Test ideas (with users/teams) then iterate, revalidate & test again.
- Implement - Work with developers & product owners (POs) to bring the vision into effect
Work with our active users to solve their problems (Not just build their solutions)
- Youll work with our POs to conduct user research, analyze findings, using data to drive better design insights. Here you have a real seat at the table - structuring & facilitating ideation workshops for emerging features. And youll be validating & synthesizing data & findings.
- Youll also be thinking through different scenarios users might encounter (beyond just the happy path) & exploring these.
- And you're helping us continually evolve, bringing new discovery techniques to use.
Participate in design reviews
- Designers at Brightflag have real visibility youre sharing your work early & often within the design team & wider company.
- Youll present ideas to partners & company executives. And youll use your expertise to defend design decisions & incorporate data & customer feedback into the design cycle.
Partner closely with our Product & Design team
- Youll be imparting your knowledge - acting as mentor & trusted design partner to our POs & supporting them on UX research projects.
Knowledge & Experience
To be successful in the role you'll have;
- 2 - 5 years of product design experience (UX & UI)
- Worked in an Agile development environment (Scrum/Kanban).
- A portfolio that shows strong product & visual design sensibilities (including experience creating concepts, customer journeys, specifying interaction details, & prototyping internally & with users).
- Worked on the full product design lifecycle - brought UX/UI designs from concept through to completion.
- Experience taking user research insights & synthesizing requirements - building a feature set that balances multiple perspectives.
- Experience running or taking part in design workshops & UX research - youve analysed findings & drawn/presented insightful conclusions.
- Experience working within & building upon - an existing design system.
- Experience working with Figma (what we use) or similar digital design tools.
- Have a basic understanding of approaches to web accessibility.
- We're one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the legal world. We've recently announced the completion of a $28 million growth equity investment to continue our mission to transform legal spend management. Were achieving this by combining AI, Machine Learning & a range of technologies to deliver a data-driven, legal spend management platform.
- Our SaaS platform intelligently allows our customers to analyze legal bills, drive cost savings & automate time-intensive processes. It also extracts insights, used to make data-driven decisions at every step of the legal spend lifecycle. Customers include Dropbox, Shopify & Natwest. You can learn more about Brightflag here.
Supporting your progression & growth
At Brightflag, your work makes a real difference, your contribution is seen & your work is valued. You control the speed & pace at which you want your career with us to accelerate.
Were growing fast & so are our benefits.
- Competitive salary & equity in a fast-growing start-up
- Flexible work location across Ireland
- 25 days holidays
- Regular compensation reviews - we reward great work!
- Comprehensive health insurance with Irish Life
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Educational assistance policy (incl study leave) to support your development
- Tax-Saver scheme (if you use public transport), or Cycle-to-Work scheme (if you cycle)
- Reading is important, therefore we offer an outstanding Book Worm scheme benefit
- Wellness programs & a focus on Work Life balance
At Brightflag, we are a diverse & inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives & people who make every day count & strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Final Note re: Eligibility to Work in Ireland
- Your time is valuable. To help with your application, we advise that we cannot offer Work Permits/Sponsorship for this position
- Applicants must already hold the relevant legal permissions to live/work in Ireland.
- Hit apply - with your CV or LinkedIn profile AND a link to your online portfolio