Founded in 2014, Maven is a fast-growing digital healthcare company focused on bringing better access to healthcare for women & families. In September, we raised our Series B from leading funds Sequoia & Oak HC/FT, bringing our total funding to $42 million. Serving over 1 million members around the world & working with both small & Fortune 50 companies, Maven provides the most progressive support for women & families in egg freezing, fertility, pregnancy, postpartum care, & return to workboth to individuals & as a family benefit provided by employers.
Maven is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our team. You would join a tightly-knit group that values user-centered design & is building a product that is the result of the cooperation between our product, design, & development teams. We believe in constantly evolving & improving through iteration, testing, user research, & experimentation.
- Real-world experience with frameworks like React, vue.js, ember, Angular, etc.
- An insatiable curiosity for learning & optimizing your skills.
- Knowledge & understanding of the latest & greatest frontend technologies, frameworks, & best-practices.
- Experience with standard frontend tooling & preprocessors such as webpack/SASS/npm/yarn.
- Experience working with REST APIs to create large-scale data-driven single-page applications.
- An understanding & appreciation for the importance of accessibility, & real-world experience in delivering best in class accessible web experiences.
- A solid knowledge of software design patterns & system architecture.
- Knowledge & experience in writing unit tests & following testing best practices.
- Deep understanding of design fundamentals & how to apply excellent user experience across devices & screen sizes.
- Passionate about the opportunity to work at a company that is dedicated to a mission of making healthcare better for women.
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- Dental & Vision insurance plans
- 401(k) plan
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Free One Medical membership
- Citi Bike & ClassPass discounts
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Parental & other leave
- Sponsored learning & development programs
- Annual personal hobby stipend
- Weekly team lunches & bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks & regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- Newly designed NYC office in the heart of Tribeca
- Ongoing special days, such as designated bring your child & bring your canine to work days!
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.