Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilios Product Security Team is responsible for partnering with Engineering teams to build & deploy secure products for our complex global network. This involves maturing the Secure Development Lifecycle, training developers in secure practices, working with our automation team to scale security, & innovating new ways to help developers secure themselves.
Twilio is looking for an exceptional penetration tester who lives the Twilio Magic & also has:
- 5+ years of experience in Security
- Experience leading application & network level penetration tests & writing professional reports
- Experience building automation & tooling
- Experience with red teaming activities
- Experience working with third party consultants to run security engagements
- Bachelors degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience
Bonus Points for:
- AWS knowledge
- Docker & Kubernetes knowledge
- Contributing back to the community by presenting at conferences or working on open source projects,
- Telecom security experience or experience in telephony protocols
- OSCP certification
- CVEs & 0-day public disclosures
As the Lead Offensive Security & Assessments Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: Work with security third party vendors to make sure all security testing required to meet Twilios compliance standards is completed.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work with other stakeholder teams to plan & execute the most impactful red/purple team activities for Twilio
- DONT SETTLE: Planning & Performing offensive security engagements against Twilio & its acquisitions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Document learnings from the engagements
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Mentor junior members of the team.
- BE BOLD: Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Twilios products & services.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. Keeping that in mind, so we do the right thing when things go wrong requires extraordinary discipline & technical leadership. And thats where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.