The executive producer is a key leader in the digital newsroom, & responsible for executing on digital video strategy across platforms, including YouTube, Snapchat, & O&O, as well as working closely with internal & external partners on project development & upstreaming of digital video content. This role will supervise more than 20 employees through the development, production, & post-production process, & oversee the digital video budget. Vice Digitals executive producer will also work closely with editorial, social, & sales teams. Strong idea generation skills & a collaborative nature are both musts.
- Work with digital leadership to develop & iterate on digital video strategy
- Lead the idea generation & development process for new video projects across platforms
- Oversee all video projects, from idea stage to post-production
- Manage digital video budget to ensure optimal ROI on a project-by-project basis
- Work with digitals head of development on creating a talent & project pipeline for upstreaming
- Work closely with digital editorial team on translating ideas from reporters & editors into top-tier video content
- Provide guidance, feedback, & strong leadership to the entire team, & ensure that the team is operating to the highest standard
- 10+ years experience in video, with at least three working specifically on digital video content & in a leadership position
- A firm understanding of the entire production process, from pitch to publish, & ideally work experience that spans several of those steps
- Concrete experience working on multiple platforms beyond O&O, such as YouTube & Snapchat
- Strong leadership skills & an eye for talent (both behind & in front of the camera)
- TV/film development experience preferred
If you require a reasonable accommodation during the application & selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Equal Employment Opportunities: VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable laws.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.