Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
As Vice President, Talent Management, you will join a team focused on attracting, hiring & growing the careers of our world-class talent globally. You will partner with the SVP, Talent & will lead, manage, & scale our remote-first talent management team & strategy. You will be a trusted partner to other leaders, managers & employees & will strive for a five-star Circler experience. You will be responsible to help formulate & evolve the talent management teams organizational design, helping set its ambitious goals, driving its productivity, & meeting its deliverables - all with the mindset of delighting our multistakeholders. You will partner with Circle employees at both the individual & manager level to unlock the highest potential in our employees by developing & implementing training materials & programs. We are looking for someone who is first & foremost passionate about the capacity for learning & development to significantly impact an employees success. We particularly value candidates who are also ambitious, have a no job is beneath me attitude, are highly motivated, & seek a collaborative, iterative & fast-paced environment. If you are dedicated to enable the success of fellow Circle employees - & will work tirelessly to do so, your career at Circle has the potential to grow exponentially.
What youll work on:
- Lead, manage, & scale our talent management organization to enable Circle to grow headcount internationally in new & existing countries by 250%+ in 2021 with high growth rates in subsequent years.
- Iterate & build to scale current global infrastructure of performance management, diversity, equity & inclusion, learning & development (Circle U), learning management system (LMS), employee engagement, employee relations, employee resource groups (ERGs), etc. that delivers a five-star employee experience.
- Build a talent team to provide consultative business partnering to leaders, managers & employees related to performance management & development, employee relations, etc.
- Direct the development, implementation, & facilitation of Circle University - a hub for a learning & development program that includes training in management, career development, employee on-boarding, & product & industry subject matter.
- Lead the direction, strategy, & roadmap for global L&D programs, content, & distribution including the implementation, content, employee experience & on-going maintenance of our Learning Management System (LMS).
- Ensure talent managements vision for success is aligned with the companys business goals by being a role model, leader, & collaborative execution partner with all internal clients as well as Talent Acquisition, Talent Analytics & Rewards, & Talent Management teams.
- Hire exceptional new talent to build out your team & then have a strong passion to nurture, mentor & grow their careers.
- Be the owner across all internal functions & provide strategic, operational, & tactical guidance for connecting our mission & values to each of our employees via Circle U, OKRs, & performance management.
- Use LMS data, employee survey data, knowledge assessments, & learning needs assessments to prioritize the development of training content, & make improvements to existing content.
- Drive a culture that embraces our mission & values & ultimately drives learning, growth, & development.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll bring to Circle:
- A fundamental belief in our mission & core values.
- Very high EQ, empathy & self-awareness. It is not about you it is about the team, the company, our employees, our candidates & customers that we aim to please & provide a five-star experience.
- A tremendous track record of working long hours to get the job done.
- The ability to adapt & excel when business plans change.
- You have partnered with executives, managers, employees distributed throughout the global
- 12+ years of demonstrated success in rapidly scaling environments that require significant influencing & partnership across the business to accomplish operational goals.
- 8+ years of management experience instilling trust & credibility with your team while guiding, developing, coaching, & managing individual & team performance.
- Experience implementing a wide range of creative & thoughtful talent management strategies & programs in a fast-paced, high-growth technology company.
- Excellent communication skills with an innate ability to motivate & inspire teammates.
- Amazing attention to detail & organization you are one of the, if not the, most detailed & organized folks you know.
- Fintech experience & bachelors degree preferred.
- You find joy & excitement when you solve employee challenges, when you help a company grow careers, & when you apply creative & innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Building global talent management teams in APAC, EMEA & Central & South America preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.