At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.Lyft Bikes & Scooters is part of our vision to improve transportation access & transform cities around people, not cars.
Were looking for a stellar marketing & community affairs leader with the passion, skills, & experience to activate national strategies & programming for Lyft Scooters community engagement & outreach, centered on themes of safety, equity, & sustainability. They will possess the ingenuity to build breakthrough programs that build a strong connection between Lyft Scooters & the communities we serve, with a focus on low income populations & communities of color. Reporting into the Lyft Bikes & Scooters Marketing Lead, based in NYC, this role requires a high level of judgement, political sensibility, creativity, decision making, & project management.
- Marketing & Community Affairs Leadership: Responsible for all marketing & community affairs initiatives, including: marketing & community affairs strategy, safety focused campaigns & events, community outreach, national partnerships with grassroots organizations, community meetings, local & field marketing initiatives, membership acquisition & renewal programs, brand storytelling, brand collaborations, & partnerships with local organizations & community leaders
- Equity & Policy Support: As the bridge between the LBS Marketing & Policy teams, they will lead strategy & activation for Lyft Scooters field marketing, community outreach, & equity programs marketing. Equity programming, such as Community Pass & Bikes for All, is a top priority for Lyft & its partners.
- Operations Support: Work directly with city general managers to support a robust, thoughtful customer experience.
- 7+ years of experience in marketing, community affairs or similar field, ideally across multiple functions with a focus on integrated marketing, brand marketing, membership growth, advocacy, strategic partnerships, or community organizing
- Experience with program development & management is required
- You have marketing experience in community outreach, non-profits, NGOs, or government affairs.
- Internal advocating for the customer & inclusiveness within an organization, you love running experiments & finding new ways to reach audiences.
- Experience managing a team of marketing or community affairs professionals
- Previous experience with subscription-based business models
- Outstanding leadership, communication, presentation, & analytical skills
- Business acumen including experience building & managing a budget
- Experience in a startup or entrepreneurial environment preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in a matrixed environment that demands cross-functional work
- Passion for urban planning, transportation equity, & sustainable mobility is a big plus
- A deep connection to Lyfts mission & core values
- An understanding of city politics & a passion for connecting with local communities, particularly in low-income neighborhoods
- Working knowledge of Spanish or Mandarin a plus, but not required
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.