Have you ever wondered what happens inside the Cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We are building the platform to help teams make data driven decision.
As an Engineer on the Experimentation Team, you will build the platform that allows teams to try out ideas & measure the impact on the business. You'll work with teams to help them create experiments that provide a measurable value that has the potential to drive significant impact to the business. Working with designers, product managers & engineers, you will have the opportunity to create a simple solution to make experimentation effective & ensure teams can deploy experimental code safely.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Exposing available metric data that allows teams to quickly determine what experiments will be valuable & how they may impact the business.
- Serve as a data advocate at DO: help teams become successful running experiments, promote the platform internally & externally, etc.
- Help to create the platform for managing experiments & understanding impact across the company.
- Help to design the architecture & platform moving forward to support experimentation at all levels of the stack (hardware, hypervisors, microservices, web applications, etc.).
What We Expect From You:
- Previous experience as a Full Stack Web Developer with a focus on building high performance services and/or working on data pipeline applications.
- Empathy & respect for others. You'll be diving into code you don't own, so you'll want to be a grateful house guest!
Why Youll Enjoy Working at DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & coolest people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. Archery classes, DJ lessons, & office pie fights are a thing. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to keep you fit, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of SoHo NYC & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our HQ to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in HQ.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.