Implement & maintain audio tools used by music producers worldwide. Dive deep into low-level application & operating systems audio APIs. Implement efficient digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms. Join in code review providing insight into ideals & risks of any given approach. Dig in hands on to help deliver business value for our internal & external customers. Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, & other teams in engineering to create a flow of value into production. Help improve developer experience by crafting tools & building pipelines that make shipping easy & low risk.
Youll play a critical role in the team ensuring Splice is available & performing for all of the artists who rely on us every day. Youll be entrusted with safeguarding the product of artists hard work, ensuring they can focus on their creative process.
As advocates for artists everywhere, were building a creative ecosystem for music producers. With this ecosystem, were cultivating a global community of creators that fosters inspiration, connection, focus, & growth.
Our work environment is no different. We encourage inclusion, collaboration, big ideas, helping where we can & asking for assistance when we need it. We aim for steady, measured expansion through experimentation & iteration. We encourage optimism, respect, accountability, & transparency in the workplace. Were trailblazers who arent afraid to stumble, because every stumble offers an opportunity to continuously improve our processes, products, strategies, & even ourselves.
We value inclusion & diversity - your uniqueness makes us stronger.
What youll do:
We expect that a software engineer at this level:
- Delivers on large, complex tasks with multiple components; investigates & resolves areas of significant ambiguity; identifies the work & breaks down tasks contributing to the teams objectives over the next 2-3 months
- Increasingly engages with business decisions & the music industry as a whole by proposing ideas & initiatives in service of top engineering goals
- Spots quality risks across the platform & gets in front of them with solutions before implementation; sets an example for quality in work; engages across teams & team members to ensure proper reviews & testing, & that team members are learning & improving our process
- Helps make decisions as to what the team will be working on & successfully manages cross-team commitments, their progress, & roadmap to delivery
- Is a role model for being flexible, models & helps others adapt to changes in processes, & depicts a mindset of continuous improvement
What we're looking for:
- You understand the fundamentals of digital signal processing (DSP).
- You have relevant work experience in building & maintaining software tools for musicians.
- You share our vision to advocate for artists & become the most iconic company in music.
- Youre self-directed towards generating excellent work outcomes.
- You have a bias towards action & experimentation.
- You care about quality. It drives you.
- You are comfortable, or even prefer working with new technical stacks.
- You are not afraid of diving into new low-level Windows or macOS subsystems.
- You get excited about building fast & efficient systems, both in code & Engineering process.
- You communicate clearly & effectively with technical & non-technical audiences.
- You are comfortable both deploying & maintaining code.
- Experience working in or with distributed teams.
- Experience programming in C/C++ or another strongly typed systems language.
- Experience working with remote people & remote teams