Build the team, processes, & strategy to help Flexport be compliant
We're looking for a Director of Customs Compliance to help lead our customs compliance team. This will include all day to day activities of the customs brokerage staff to include oversight of: Customs Service Desk, File Review Process, Post Summary Correction Process, Annual Customs Bond Management, Power of Attorney auditing in addition to assisting in the building of our team & service offerings.
- Lead & develop the team of compliance specialists responsible for ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations for Customs & related government agencies
- Lead compliance-related projects & initiatives including new permit applications, regulatory change projects, system design & implementation
- Provide timely & accurate advice on compliance requirements & work with relevant stakeholders to design & implement appropriate controls
- Conduct risk assessments & manage the compliance monitoring & file review program in accordance with regulatory expectations & best practices
- Serve as the lead to all regulatory & third party audit review & inquiries
You should have:
- 10+ years of Customs, Trade & Regulatory experience, managing compliance programs & related systems
- Leadership experience, coaching, & developing teams, with an ability to manage remote teams & work with global counterparts
- Extensive experience interacting with regulators & law enforcement
- Strong project management skills with an interest in technology enablement for scale
- Strong analytical skills & ability to identify & solve problems
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- A Customs Brokerage License
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Read about three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.