We are looking for a seasoned marketer with a passion for building great brands to meet consumer needs. This role will help shape key priorities for the Flamingo Body Hair business (shave, wax, depilatories, etc.) in the US, our hero category for the Flamingo business in our biggest market. This person will be responsible for performing ongoing business analysis & planning, forming & driving continuous growth strategies including product innovation, & executing projects & mobilizing the organization to meet our key objectives. We are seeking a Senior Manager-level marketer with a strong general management mindset, a consumer-led approach to product & category innovation, a track record of developing strategies to grow a base consumer business & experience bringing products from ideation to market. You will live & breathe our brand & business, & help power its growth so ultimately consumers know us, join us, stay loyal to us, & advocate for us.
What You Will Accomplish
- Live & breathe the body hair category & our target consumer
- Be the go-to expert for all things body hair
- Deeply understand our target consumers evolving behaviors, emotions & needs in the space, & bring customer centric perspective to everything we do
- Stay connected to emerging category trends, broader cultural trends, competitor dynamics & translate those insights into so whats for Flamingo.
- Manage the day-to-day body hair business
- Define body hair goals & priorities with Director of body hair & brand operations
- Manage ongoing category analyses of Flamingos body hair business & competitive performance to inform commercial go to market strategies, monthly forecasting inputs & P&L reviews, marketing plans, & longer term innovation roadmap.
- Own annual brand planning process for body hair category
- Drive body hair strategy in annual brand planning, bringing key stakeholders along throughout the process
- Translate competitive & market dynamics into commercial marketing strategies & execution plans that meet our business goals.
- Manage major initiatives in the body hair brand plan to bring them to life
- Drive & own body hair initiatives from brand plan with cross-functional team
- Write great briefs for R&D & packaging, brand communications, creative & design teams (synthesizing business context & key insights into a clear set of goals)
- Work collaboratively across the organization, partnering to understand other team's needs & interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate
- Lead status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines & delivery calendars, risk/issues reports.
- Strategically partner on go to market development & communication
- Establish key jobs to be done, core insights into our consumer in this category & the distinct proposition that will excite them
- Partner closely with IMC/marketing/creative to share insights & help bring key launches & moments to life
- Drive body hair innovation & commercial strategy development
- Manage & execute near-term innovation projects through our internal capital allocation (CAM) or new production introduction (NPI) process
- Identify new product innovation territories & build body hair category innovation roadmap
- Approach key challenges & opportunities for the Flamingo body hair business with solutions across a variety of levers to drive the business forward: Proposition (consumer-facing point of difference vs. competitors), Packaging, Pricing, Product (innovations, new pack types), Place (channels, planograms, etc.), & Promotion (secondary displays, other incentive tactics, comms/paid media strategy).
- An experienced brand manager with a proven track record of building engaging & effective brand plans, innovation roadmaps & new growth strategies
- 7+ years of work experience in brand management and/or innovation, with experience in the CPG industry.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, brand-forward business
- Highly customer-centric, you deeply invest in understanding the consumer, their needs, behaviors, emotions in the space & translates those insights into opportunities, & you are someone who pushes to 2nd, 3rd & 4th order consumer truths to find differentiated insights & ways in.
- A creative problem solver, you can bring fresh & new ideas & translate consumer & market opportunities into powerful ideas for our business; able to think beyond the obvious; open minded to new ideas
- A clear communicator & storyteller, youre able to sell people into a vision & bring them along on your thought process & strategy. You can build narratives that highlight key ideas, build business cases, & draw on consumer insights & brand strategy to build cases to internal stakeholders.
- Commercially-minded, you have a proven ability to drive insights into business impact. You are able to critically assess problems, thoughtfully frame & weigh trade-offs, bring data to bear to answer questions & develop an informed perspective on the path forward
- A strong collaborator & project manager, with a track record of scoping out projects, leading them effectively & delivering on time, with no ego
- A pragmatic do-er, you have the ability to be scrappy & creative with resources to maximize impact. You are able to work with imperfect information & are thoughtfully inclined towards action
- Somebody who takes great pride in your work but doesnt take yourself too seriously
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.