As an NS1 Quality Assurance Engineer, you will design, write & execute automated & manual tests in multiple disciplines, summoning your deep technical background to ensure the quality of the tools & systems that run our cutting edge traffic management platform.
Were looking for an autodidact who can immerse themselves in our product & testing code, leverage existing technical strengths & teach themselves the systems that are new to them. You should have broad knowledge of the technologies in modern continuous delivery, software test methodologies & test automation, & be able to offer constructive advice for improvements while using & scaling the systems in our existing platform. Youll focus on testing our products. Youll take responsibility for the quality of your code, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
- Be responsible for ensuring the quality of our software through testing (integration, compatibility, functional, load, performance, regression, soak, security)
- Participate in the design of new features to ensure testability & quality
- Determine the best testing approach & create test plans. Author test scenarios, test cases & detailed scripts. Document test results
- Provide testing support to projects & product releases with both automated tests & manual testing, as required
- Execute pre-determined automated tests & interpret results
- Collaborate with team to improve & automate test & release processes
- Advocate for quality in development & production releases. Collaborate on the release process
Ideally, youll bring:
- Knowledge of QA disciplines, such as unit testing, smoke testing & integration testing
- Practical knowledge of QA methodologies & automated test frameworks, such as BDD & CI/CD
- Ability to code in Python
- Understanding of Docker
- Familiarity with Linux
- Debugging various languages & tools
- Understand load testing, traffic simulation & generation
- Foundational understanding of networking, internet infrastructure & cloud computing
- Must have a valid U.S. work authorization to apply
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited PTO with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.