Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health is a pioneer in non-invasive cancer diagnostics & the first company tocommercialize a comprehensive genomic liquid biopsy. Our proprietary digital sequencing technology is transforming cancer treatment by providing an accurate & precise picture of the individual genomic alterations that cause tumors to grow, change, & develop resistance to treatment. We have combined decades of scientific research, advances in laboratory technology, & our breakthrough innovation in liquid biopsy to create new tests that have already handled tens of thousands of samples. We believe our tests can accelerate new drug development & improve the lives of all patients fighting cancer. Our current products are just the beginning of what we hope to accomplish & new uses of our platform are emerging.
We succeed best by coordinating our creative talents & energies to achieve results far beyond what any single individual could accomplish. We seek very talented people who want to be part of our fantastic team.
In this role, you'll be part of a team that is responsible for Process & Automation & Scaling complex workflows & implementing processes for a state-of-the-art sequencing lab. You will wear multiple hats & support the development of all parts of a state-of-the-art robotics facility. Your customers will be licensed clinical operators; your goal is to use software & automation to help them focus on extensive screening.
TheProcess Automation Engineer will be involved in all aspects of assay automation development from concept, requirements definition, & manual assay development to adaptation, optimization, troubleshooting & validation. You will leverage an understanding of molecular biology & biochemistry to troubleshoot analytical & preparative processes. The successful candidate will apply scientific methods & engineering skills to improve the scalability of Guardant Health's sample processing workflows.
As a Process Engineer, you must be collaborative & able to effectively participate in or lead cross functional teams working in a variety of projects. These cross functional teams will explore, develop, optimize, test, & implement robust, scalable solutions for Guardant Health's sample processing workflows with attention to understanding business & user requirements & improving efficiency, throughput, & quality. You will be expected, after training, to understand, & to perform all laboratory procedures needed to process samples with our workflows to support process development & implementation activities. You will also contribute to protocol generation, report writing & presentation preparation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze workflows, identify bottlenecks, & develop solutions to improve efficiency, throughput, cost, & quality
- Contribute to innovation of current & new assays workflows, technologies & processes
- Work on distribution aspects of products & effectively & comfortably work with customers
- Development of support for sustainability as well as transitions anddelivery
- Program, optimize, verify & implement robotic liquid handling workstations & integrated robotic systems
- Leverage an understanding of molecular biology & biochemistry to troubleshoot analytical & preparative processes
- Apply scientific methods & engineering skills to improve the scalability of Guardant Health's sample processing workflows
- Prior, demonstrated experience designing, developing, testing, implementing, & supporting automated sample-processing workflows using a requirements-driven approach in clinical laboratory or other molecular biology-based laboratory setting.
- Demonstrated experience identifying, developing, & implementing workflow improvements that improve laboratory efficiency, throughput, cost, & quality
- A BS degree in engineering or science, preferably in molecular biology, genetics or biochemistry, bio-engineering, chemical engineering or a closely-related discipline. An MS with 1+ years of related work experience will also be considered.
- At least 4+ years' experience as a process engineer or 2+ years as a process engineer in a life sciences company.
- Familiarity with the full life cycle of automated laboratory processes development, including collecting & documenting requirements, developing concepts, design, documentation, testing/validation, implementing, training, & process monitoring.
- Experience with operating & programming liquid handling robotics platforms (Hamilton, TECAN, Beckman, Agilent)
- Experience with standard genomic molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid isolation & purification, DNA/RNA quantitation, fragment analysis, qPCR & next generation sequencing
- Experience communicating & collaborating with internal & external colleagues & customers from diverse scientific, engineering, operational, & regulatory disciplines
- Familiarity with statistical data analysis, monitoring data quality & troubleshooting technical problems
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies up to 20 lbs & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/