Beeswaxs mission is to build great advertising software. Our product is an easy to use, massive scale & highly available advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising system in the world & process millions of transactions per second. We offer our employees a culture of transparency & one with many challenging problems to solve - whether our employees are competing at game night or coming up with bee puns, they remain a close-knit group.
Beeswax is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our Data Platforms Engineering (DPE) team. This team is responsible for providing external customers & internal teams with queryable access to the billions of daily events that occur in the bidding platform. They operate a large scale distributed system that ingests millions of events per second & applies business rules to process & deliver the events to customers in real time. The team also builds ETL pipelines using Snowflake Data Warehouse & synthesizes the data sets that power customer dashboards, reports & business intelligence tools.
Due to the scale of data that the Beeswax Data Platform team works with, engineers on this team have the opportunity to have an outsized impact that can directly affect the companys bottom line. If large volume, real time & complex ETL is your jam (or preferably honey), then keep reading!
AS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER ON THE DPE TEAM YOU WILL:
- Design & build platform features for our customers to monitor & analyze their marketing campaigns effectively
- Scale our distributed system & infrastructure to the next level
- Optimize algorithms & software architectures to save cloud hosting costs
WE LOOK FOR TEAMMATES WHO HAVE:
- A deep understanding of what it means to build data processing systems at scale - if you love articles on highscalability.com youll fit right in
- A strong grasp of software architecture (either through a degree or from learning it themselves)
- Experience with data modeling, schema management & data quality
- An ability to think about & tackle problems analytically
- Experience working with data warehousing solutions & data pipelines
- Proficient in Python
- Comfort in a Linux ecosystem
SUCCESSFUL ENGINEERS AT BEESWAX VALUE:
- An ethic of service & a belief in putting the customer first
- A powerful sense of pragmatism to figure out what needs to be done right versus right now
- A curiosity about technology & a desire to use it to solve problems in all sorts of domains
- An openness to feedback & more than just the spelling skills to know that theres no I in Team
- An appreciation of repeatability, resilience, observability, & operational simplicity
MORE ABOUT US:
- Beeswax was founded in 2014 & since then weve raised $28M in funding from leading VCs including RRE & Foundry Group & have grown rapidly.
- We believe in & invest in personal growth & weve got the results to back it up: weve been recognized as one of Americas Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. 5000, weve won several Best Places to Work awards, & our team loves the culture.
- We value diversity & incorporate a wide range of professional experiences on our product & engineering teams. Some of our teammates hail from tech companies like Google, Amazon & Facebook; others from financial giants like Bloomberg & Bank of America; & more from some great software engineering cultures such as Compass & x.ai.