At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software! In the Engineering Productivity group, we are passionate about making engineers across our department as efficient as possible through delivering valuable insights, testing, & development tools & services.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will drive the vision for how we can best continuously improve the productivity of our engineering department. You will help guide our department towards the ideal CI/CD workflow, enabling us to continuously merge & deploy high quality code fast. You will use a data driven approach to ensure we have a degree of confidence that our code not only works as intended, but is maintainable, scalable, & achieves the intended impact. You will work directly with development teams to assess & prioritize the current & upcoming needs of the organization, specifically what we can do next to help achieve our mission, & own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each & every iteration.
This position will be specifically internally focused -- with strong customer implications -- responsible for the core development, testing, & deployment tools & services on which our engineering department operates. This also includes systems we use to make sure we have necessary visibility to ensure high confidence in our product quality & engineerings productivity. This position is for you if you have experience with & a passion for the following: automated testing systems, build tools, data warehousing & visualization, tools & services that enable CI/CD - anything that helps create a more efficient & productive engineering department.
- You are an experienced product manager
- You get excited about the thought of helping an already strong engineering department get even better by providing them tools, services, & insights
- You see the value in providing the right insights to the right people so they can make more effective, data-driven decisions
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies, CI/CD workflows, & automated testing strategies & are eager to help us improve the productivity of our engineering department
- You have strong communication, negotiation, & collaboration skills & enjoy working closely with your end users, in our case the engineers in the department right around us
- You are a trailblazer & change maker with experience with behavior change approaches; you like driving users to do what is best for them, making them more productive & efficient
- You are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, & truly excited about building great product features & experiences while working closely with a team of developers
- Most importantly, you are passionate about developing scalable, maintainable, & impactful software!
What youll do:
- Be the Product Manager for one or more teams in the Engineering Productivity group. These teams have 4-6 developers & focus on different missions to increase productivity across the department.
- Prioritize what these teams should build & when by collaborating with leaders across engineering
- Share ideas & receive feedback on new features through presentations with key stakeholders
- Define how those features will work & look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, & usability testing
- Manage the release & sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, development, & review
- Write detailed specifications
- Drive to impact by tracking adoption, usage, & cost
- Oversee documentation, prioritization of bugs & enhancements, & impact analysis
Preferred Experience Level: 5+ years of overall experience, preferably 3+ years in a Product Manager role.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.