WHO WE ARE:
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys & product design, product development, marketing, & photography. We're a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny & innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs & their people. We don't take ourselves too seriously & love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are looking for a seasoned industrial design manager to lead the design team for BARKs functional toy line Super Chewer across retail collections & our DTC monthly subscription boxes.
This person will be responsible for:
- Working with BARKs Director of Toy Design, the Associate Director will set priorities, assignments & goals for a talented 7-person ID team
- Owning the continuing evolution of the originality & functionality of the Super Chewer toy line with a focus on beautiful design, safety & overall construction quality & engineering
- Maintaining & nurturing a culture of innovation, curiosity & playfulness to a rigorous, high output product development pipeline.
- Partnering with functional leads across the business (sourcing, strategy, marketing, project management, customer experience) to plan & achieve short & long term goals to match customer needs
- Guiding the design team & our overseas partners towards smart cost engineering on the SKU & collection levels
- Partnering with our safety & quality leads, own the continuing evolution of our safety & quality guidelines
- Working with partners to research & innovate material selection, play styles & product functions
- Staying plugged in to consumer trends & competitive products as well as the greater industrial design community
- Attracting & mentoring design talent
- Being fascinated by dogs & how they play
- 8+ years of work experience, including robust product development with overseas factory partners & QA
- Designed & shipped 50+ products
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design
- Entrepreneurial mindset a self-starter who drives ideas to conclusion
- Superlative drawing skills
- Experience managing a creative team
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes of plastic & rubber products & their material properties
- Exceptional verbal & written communication & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success in partnering with cross-functional development teams to see concepts through to production success
- Demonstrated mastery of managing multiple projects simultaneously with exemplary attention to detail
- Passion for technical innovation & design, strong aesthetic sensibility, & deep understanding of user experience
- Excitement & vision for enhancing the lives of pets & their humans through design
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in Manhattan, New York. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.